Star Code for Do Not Disturb - FIOS
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have FIOS digital voice.  Is there a star code to activate or deactivate "Do Not Disturb?"  I currently, have to boot up the computer to turn it on or off and that is a pain.

0 Likes
Re: Star Code for Do Not Disturb - FIOS
Not applicable

To turn Do Not Disturb on/off

1. Lift the handset and listen for a dial tone.

2. Press * 6 4 . (Rotary dial 1.1.6.4.)

3. Listen to the recording for instructions on how to turn your service on or off, and how to change or review your list.

Other important tips

• Do Not Disturb will store up to 12 numbers.

• If Do Not Disturb is on and no numbers are on your list, your feature will turn off automatically.

This information can be found under the Verizon site, below is the link to the voice features:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Using+Calling+Features/General/12880...

In addition I wonder if you are using the online FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager? Using this application allows the user to manage features, phone book, voicemail settings and much more. This Account Manager can be accessed from any internet connetion, which gives the ability to activate and de-activate features if the user is out on vacation and away from home with just a click of a button, no need to remember the star codes to activate and de-activate features. FiOS Digital Account Manger can be accessed by going into the link below and logging in with your username and password.

http://www22.verizon.com/fiosvoice

I hope this information was helpful

0 Likes
Not applicable

Also I forgot to mention, the procedures followed for activating/deactivating features depends on which region the customer is located within the US; East or West. If you happen to live in the East region then the steps mentioned above won't work for manual activation through your handset, instead you will need to call Verizon Advanced Services at 1-800-527-7070 and follow the automated system for updating changes on your telephone line, i.e. Do Not Disturb. If you have never accessed this account you will need to set up your pin number, for the meantime it will be the last four digits of your home phone number.

0 Likes
EMathews3

In New Jersey the DND Star Codes are:
  * 78 is turn On
  * 79 is turn Off
After entering these codes, the robot responds with "Your Do Not Disturb feature has been (De-)Activated successfully."

Star-6-4 is an "unavailable feature".

0 Likes