Re: Switch to Digital Voice
prisaz
Legend

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Do they have 2 year commitements?  My double play pricing commitement expires 4/1 and would go from 79 to 89 but CS offered me a one year price committement and $10 monthly discount for being a loyal customer.

I believe if it is a $10 discount in your situation, it seems to put you right where you are now for another year. Seems reasonable to me. As far as a two year deal, you may get a better discount, but only for the first year. Only Verizon knows what they will do or not do. IMHO I would take it and just go with the flow. You were not clear if it was a 2 year service commitment and one year price committement and $10 monthly discount.

This thread has seemed to go off topic in regards to digital voice. Perhaps I started leading the thread astray. Next month I will look to see about switching to DV. Waiting to hear others experiences in their switch. If and when they take the plunge.

0 Likes
lcrowe

I have called to switch several times over the past year or so and always get the same response.  "You will be able to switch to Digital Voice very soon."  This time very soon is supposed to be July but I think I was told July last year too so I'm not going to hold my breath.  Very frustrating to not be able to get a direct, consistant and honest answer from Verizon on this issue and not the usual run around...

0 Likes
rmplatt

I had the same experience today.  When I signed up for the triple play last  month, the rep said that I'd save the $6 FCC charge, but when I looked at my bill, it was still there.  After calling today, the rep told me that existing customers are not being allowed to switch to digital voice for programming reasons... he didn't know when they would be resolved, but did say that I would get something in the mail when they were.  

I hope they fix it...  But when I put my tin foil hat on, I get the feeling that someone has told them to stop switching current taxpayers to the tax free service, or the screws will be tightened and they'll force the taxes onto voip plans as well... we'll see what happens.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@indecisive311 wrote:

I just did an online chat with someone and they said it didn't matter if I was a new customer or not, they could upgrade me to Digital Voice if I wanted it. They would just have to change the bundle? They said I was given wrong information. Looks like another call....

It has been more than a week and I was wondering if you made that call and what happened if you did. 

Thanks

0 Likes
indecisive311
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I never called but I have been sending direct messages back and forth via twitter. Here is the convo... (I like how they tell me it is available, and then at then end isn't.) Same **bleep** different day...

ME:

had Fios for years, and I want to upgrade to Digital Voice. I've been told that I can and can't do it by different VZ reps.    
VZ: 
Thanks for the DM. Please fill out our form athttp://www22.verizon.com/onecms/verizonsupport?ID=indecisive311Thanks^SRW
VZ: 
Checked your address and I do see digital voice is available. Will check w/ billing on why they advised it was not available. ^jra
VZ:
Will follow up when billing opens on Monday. Thanks ^jra
ME:
Jra, thanks for the follow up
VZ:
Good Afternoon, Unfortunately FDV is not available to current customers. Thanks^SRW
ME:
Can I ask why? It doesn't really make sense... so ill never be able to have this service?
ME:
I was also hoping for more of an explanation, rather than a one-liner like I've been getting from every rep I've talked to.
VZ:
Due to network enhancements FDV is currently not available in your area, we hope to have it available soon for existing customers. ^SRW
0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

Wow!

Just don't have a better response to it.

0 Likes
indecisive311
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to let you know, I finally talked to someone today, who switched me to digital voice. I called with the intent of cancelling my triple play bundle, and going with a double play and paying on an economy phone plan since I don't use it that often. Turns out I wouldn't be saving that much, so I inquired about digital voice, and she offered to switch me.

Long road, but I got there. The number I called was 1-888-583-8111.

0 Likes