There IS no direct line to service and repair. Network line checking service does NOT work
Barbara3294

Finally got a "direct line" to service and repair for land line.  It is NOT a direct line....it is automated and it puts you through steps for you to "check your box" out side, but first checks to see if it is "network problems".  Then it says "it can not determine if it IS a network problem and offers a way to check your line in.   It promises that if you do the check yourself, that you will have a service ticket and that after doing the test, all you have to do when you call the number (after your test ) and "tech service".  There is only "techinical service and repair option" ---thisonly takes you BACK to step ONE that will take your through all the pervious steps and tell you to check your box outside! It will take you awhile before you call back and realize that you should NOT answer that "you are still having a problem".  If you choose this option, it will take you back to STEP ONE and you go through the same network check, etc. Finally you understand that you must NOT select the option that you still have a problem and INSTEAD say that you "you have a different problem"  or "calling about a different matter".  THEN you are taken back to STEP ONE and you have to have the line checked and it says it could not determine if it was a network problem and a warning that if you make an appointment to have a service person come to your location that it will be $90 service charge if it is determined that it is not a network problem.  Then it FINALLY asks you if you need to make an appointment!  (Not too encouraging at this point.)  Last time I didn't have a dial tone for hours, I gave up and somehow the service came back on.  This time the same thing happened and I decided to just wait to see if the service comes back on.  There is no number to find out if there is a temporary service problem.  AND there is no way to just go directly to get a service appointment EVEN if you are sure you WANT IT!  It all seems to be geared around whether or not you are paying for the line service.  If you are not paying for Verizon's line service, you evidently don't really get any customer service that is worth anything.  AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED AND THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO REPORT THAT IT IS, INDEED, A VERIZON LINE SERVICE PROBLEM AND NOT AN IN HOUSE PROBLEM.  THE ONLY OPTION IS TO HAVE THE SERVICE GUY COME OUT AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL NOT GET CHARGED OR SIGN UP FOR THE COSTLY MONTYLY FEE FOR LINE MAINTANENCE SERVICE.  THERE IS NO WAY TO CALL ANY LOCAL OFFICE FOR HELP.   Hours of time waited...only for the line to mysterious come back.  I feel like if you have a land line that you are just dirt to Verizon.  There's plenty of service and help online if you are wireless--but if you have a landline--GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes
Re: There IS no direct line to service and repair. Network line checking service does NOT work
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: There IS no direct line to service and repair. Network line checking service does NOT work
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you on this trouble. Please open a new thread if any other issues arise.

Josh B

0 Likes
Home Phone Repair
k91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our home line has had no dial tone for two days now.  When a repair was requested, we received a commitment of 8/8.  That timing was not sufficient.  I updated the repair request on line indicating that we needed the repair by today.  I called this morning and a recording told me that Verizon was committed to repair the phone by 8pm tonight.  Well, 9:30pm and no Verizon.  I tried calling with my cell phone and sat on the phone for over 30 minutes.  Either no one was home or it was past business hours.  In any event, here we sit with no home phone service.  We are elderly.  My husband has a heart condition.  I am grateful for our cell phones, not Verizon.  What if we had a real emergency and didn't have cell phones?  This is not customer service.  We never even received a phone call or an email as we requested on the repair status.  So sit another day or maybe more.  Frustrated in NJ.  P.S. Our experience with My Verizon is it sends you round and round and round with no real solution to your problem.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Home Phone Repair
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello k9

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
k91
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elizabeth, Thank you for the response.  As I must return to work today after being home for 2 days waiting for repair to appear, I will attempt access during the work day today.  My husband will be home and hopefully, a repair tech will show up as today is the original commitment date.  Truthfully, I have had trouble navigating the myverizon pages but will attempt as you instruct with the form some time today.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon k9,

Sorry, but we are closing your private support case due to no response. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes