Too many prompts to retrieve phone messages
Trylon39

I switched over to digital voice last year and very unhappy with how many prompts I need to go through just to retrieve my messages. After hearing an introduction, I have to keep pushing "1" to go through how many calls I have received, what time they were made, what the phone number is and then again to hear the actual message! Caller ID already gives me that information. Is there someway I can bypass all that redundant information and just get to the actual message quicker? I have spoken to other Verizon digital voice customers and they all agree, Verizon makes a simple task of retrieving messages way more time-consuming than it needs to be.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Too many prompts to retrieve phone messages
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Trylon39 wrote:

I switched over to digital voice last year and very unhappy with how many prompts I need to go through just to retrieve my messages. After hearing an introduction, I have to keep pushing "1" to go through how many calls I have received, what time they were made, what the phone number is and then again to hear the actual message! Caller ID already gives me that information. Is there someway I can bypass all that redundant information and just get to the actual message quicker? I have spoken to other Verizon digital voice customers and they all agree, Verizon makes a simple task of retrieving messages way more time-consuming than it needs to be.

You can change this behavior by accessing your voicemail from MyVerizon and going to voice mail settings from there.  Go to the Voice Mail Setting and click on Telephone Settings.  Uncheck standard prompts to elimiate the Standard prompts that announce each menu option with brief explanations. To not hear the date and time of each message, uncheck.Hear the date & time of each message.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

@Trylon39 wrote:

You can change this behavior by accessing your voicemail from MyVerizon and going to voice mail settings from there.  Go to the Voice Mail Setting and click on Telephone Settings.  Uncheck standard prompts to elimiate the Standard prompts that announce each menu option with brief explanations. To not hear the date and time of each message, uncheck.Hear the date & time of each message.

Trylon39

Thanks so much for providing this information! I went through the steps you outlined and it seemed easy enough to adjust the settings. Prior to posting on the forum, I had called Verizon support on a couple of occasions to help with this issue but was told that "there was no way to control how many prompts you heard before being able to access phone messages." Verizon phone reps may need to be better educated to help their customers. Thanks again.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You're welcome.

0 Likes