Tree Limb on Phone Lines
Emilyhenry

I have contacted Verizon numerous times over the past 3 years about a tree limb growing over a phone line.  Each time I was told there is nothing they can do, it is my responsiblity to cut the tree.  I have spent close to a thousand dollars on tree pruning since we moved in 5 years ago, but the problem is this one particular tree limb is GROWN OVER the phone line, so no tree trimmer can fix that as they are not allowed to actually touch the phone line, which belongs to Verizon. The tree limb on the line has continue to grow over the years, and is pushing on the phone line so hard they are all out of place and snapping together. I have called and called and emailed and no one ever gets back to me. I am now documenting all my attempts at communication so when the limb grown through the lines finally does break and bring down phone service for my neighbors I have proof that I tried.  I also saved all my tree pruning receipts and this could have been fixed years ago if Verizon would have worked with me. So frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Tree Limb on Phone Lines
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes