Tree Limbs on Lines
stephieann8

I was wondering.....will Verizon trim tree limbs of the phone lines (like BGE does) or is the reident responsible for triming the tree?

0 Likes
Re: Tree Limbs on Lines
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

To the extent it impacts their lines, they will trim limbs of trees.  Even if you don't want them to trim that tree. 

0 Likes
pc12345

I called verizon in November of 2014 to find out if they would trim some limbs off of lines in front of our house.  I spoke with a technician in the field, but never heard one way or the other if Verizon would trim the trees.  We just moved into this house in October of 2014 and the limbs are putting weight on the lines and it will get worse with snow and ice. 

Any suggestions on how to get an definitive answer?

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pc12345,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Alexanderlopez3

There are tree branches resting and about to snap phone cable lines outside my house.  How do I get help?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alexanderlopez3,

Have you reported this to Verizon at Contact Us?

0 Likes
Boyle426

Our neighbor's tree is leaning heavily on our Verizon lines and it's starting to affect our service. I just called Verizon and was told they don't handle that. Is that true? 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No they are not responsible. Trees an/or limbs the homeowner’s responsibly.  

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Boyle426,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes