Turn ON & OFF Voicemail feature?
shandav
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know if I'm able to turn on and off at will my voicemail feature with my land line? For example, for 3 hours during the day, I don't want the voicemail feature to work, but the rest of the day I do, any way to turn it off and back on again either via the web or via a series of numbers "dialed" on the phone? Thanks in Advance!

Re: Turn ON & OFF Voicemail feature?
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2
Unfortunately there are no star codes to turn on/off the voice mail feature on your home phone.  Since it is only for a few hours a day you may want to change the number of rings it takes to go to voice mail.  You can change the amount of rings to as much as 8. And it is simple enough to change to and from without any hassles.
I hope this helps!
0 Likes
Re: Turn ON & OFF Voicemail feature?
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

@VZ_Lori wrote:
Unfortunately there are no star codes to turn on/off the voice mail feature on your home phone.  Since it is only for a few hours a day you may want to change the number of rings it takes to go to voice mail.  You can change the amount of rings to as much as 8. And it is simple enough to change to and from without any hassles.
I hope this helps!

not sure if this will work ... but since you technically have call fowarding on your account when you have voicemail cant you just deactivate the call fowarding ?

I think that would work... anyone wanna try it and report back?

0 Likes