Unable to Contact Verizon Via Website Live Chat -- Is There Another Way?
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all patches
IE 10 with all patches

Verizon does not provide an online form to enter questions about billing.  The only online contact provided is via their Live Chat which unfortionately does not work -- at least for me.

To actually get to Live Chat as opposed to Verizon's bot (which needs to be reprogrammed) you have to "play" for a couple of minutes.  Finally, about a minute or two after it ways it is connecting to a real person it says it lost the connection to the server and is trying to reconnect.  This comes and goes for a while and then:

Wed Mar 5 17:14:31 EST 2014: Failed to establish connection to server. Please exit the window. Connection timed out, please close and reconnect. Welcome to Verizon Live Chat

Of course at this point the chat window is dead.

Is there an online form or email address that can be used to ask a billing question?  Please do not respond with phone numbers as I want to be able to document the information.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Contact Verizon Via Website Live Chat -- Is There Another Way?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon

0 Likes
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

>It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details.

I know that but I have no way to contact one online or via email.

>Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon

I started at your support page -- it does not link to an online form for asking questions about billing.  The closest thing is Live Chat, which, as I noted in my original post, does not work for me.

So please provide a link to a page where I can enter my billing question or provide an email address for me to send it.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you follow through the options for billing support, you'll find the customer service number 1-800-837-4966

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@saberman wrote:

So please provide a link to a page where I can enter my billing question or provide an email address for me to send it.

Like the Verizon moderator posted, these forums are peer-to-peer.  You're talking to other customers here.  Some issues may be escalated to Verizon support.  If that happens to you, be sure to follow the instructions Verizon gives you.

Verizon doesn't have email support.  Try following the "contact us" link at the bottom of these pages.  You should be able to quickly get to a link for "live chat."  It doesn't appear to be 24 hour support for billing, as it is offline now (late night).  I clicked on "contact us," "billing" and then "billing questions."

You can also find a phone number, should you decide you want to talk live as well.  Just click on "more contact options" from the page with the live chat link.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

>you'll find the customer service number 1-800-837-4966
I think I said I need either an online form or an email address so I can document the converstation. 

I will call the 800 number if you can provide permission to record the call.  I know that Verizon records calls but I want to have my own record of a billing despute.

0 Likes
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

>If that happens to you, be sure to follow the instructions Verizon gives you.
The instructions Verizon provides does not provide me with a record of the conversation.

This is a billing despute.  I need to have a record of the interaction wtih Verizon.  I realize they don't want that as they try to route everything to a telephone number.  None the less, I think I am entitled to a communication that documents what they say and their telephone system doesn't do that unless they agree that I can record the conversation -- which I have been unable to get them to do.  (Please note that unlike the NSA I do not have the abiltiy to get telephone converstations from Verizon.)

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@saberman wrote:

>If that happens to you, be sure to follow the instructions Verizon gives you.
The instructions Verizon provides does not provide me with a record of the conversation.

This is a billing despute.  I need to have a record of the interaction wtih Verizon. 

Again, this is a peer-to-peer forum and you're talking primarily to other customers (like me)  here. 

You haven't gotten escalation instructions as your post has not be escalated to support. When the Verizon moderators see an issue that can't be handled through normal support channels, they may escalate it.  Your issue looks to me like normal support channels will work, but I don't make the escalation decisions.

Have you tried the live chat link I suggested?  Chat agents are available at the time I'm posting this and there appears to be no hoops to jump through.

Verizon doesn't do email support, so you'll have to use one of the methods they provide to talk to them.

If you want a written record, perhaps you should consider using mail (the real kind with stamps and paper.)  There should be a billing inquiry address on the paper version of your bill.  If you have paperless billing, then look at the PDF version of the bill.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Again, this is a peer-to-peer forum and you're talking primarily to other customers (like me)  here.

I understand that but I was hoping that someone here might have a link or an email address.

>Have you tried the live chat link I suggested?

As I mentioned above, Live Chat does not seem to work for me.

>If you want a written record, perhaps you should consider using mail (the real kind with stamps and paper.)

I was saving that as a last resort as the cost of postage is close to the amount overcharged.  I've  noticed that Verizon has been nickle and diming me -- the amount of the Verizon surchages changes every month without any changes in the rest of the bill--  and, while it is a small amount to me, it is probably a significant amouint if they are doing it to all their customers.  Maybe I should just wait for the inevitable Class Action law suit. 

I thing the FCC has a complaint form online and may use that if the Verizon moderator cannot or will not provide a link or email address for this.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I apologize, but unfortunately we cannot provide a link or email address for documentation like you are asking for.

A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are typically unable to access accounts or provide support information on an individual basis.

The best avenue for printed documentation is to use live chat, as you will be able to save a transcript of your chat session.

0 Likes