Unable to make or receive phone calls - FiOS Digital Voice
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

If I try to place a call:

• I hear beeps as I dial (but maybe not enough beeps? not sure about this) -
  • I never hear a ring, nor anyone answer, but do see countdown of time as if a call is in progress.
  • When trying to phone myself on my (non-Verizon) cell phone - it never rings on my cell phone

Incoming calls:

Go directly to FiOS Voice Mail

Calling Features - are all OFF

handsets - have two different types, same symptoms on each (can't call out on either one)

What to do???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to make or receive phone calls - FiOS Digital Voice
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

OK - I used Live Chat and got my problem resolved. I was fortunate to get a very helpful and capable agent!

Here's what the agent said he did to fix the problem, and also his reply when I asked how I could have fixed the problem myself:

The dial tone signal i remove it and send a new one and all working ok

This issue you can not solve it because it was dial tone with the main Verizon box was not getting there so this was solve with the system we have

View solution in original post

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Oh yeah - I was just about to give up and call Verizon Support, but then remembered, DOH! I can't make calls!!! (not economically feasible to use cell phone since I don't have many cell minutes on my plan).

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

OK - I used Live Chat and got my problem resolved. I was fortunate to get a very helpful and capable agent!

Here's what the agent said he did to fix the problem, and also his reply when I asked how I could have fixed the problem myself:

The dial tone signal i remove it and send a new one and all working ok

This issue you can not solve it because it was dial tone with the main Verizon box was not getting there so this was solve with the system we have
0 Likes