VERIZON SHAKEDOWN- ANOTHER LETTER TO THE FCC
wittykitty2

Let me start by saying my complaint is regarding Verizon. A few years ago, I decided to change phone companys regarding my land line. I did a considerable amount of research before choosing Verizon. An important feature I required was having my calls forwarded to my cell phone if I did not answer by the second ring because I am the president of a non-profit animal rescue organization and am well aware of the number of calls I receive and the urgency involved with these calls. During my conversation with Verizon, I was told that my request was possible and I would be charged a monthly fee for this service which was somewhere around $4.00 (definitely under $10) a month in addition to my regular monthly bill. I agreed to this arrangement and began my new service with Verizon. After one month, I received my bill which I expected to be under $50 as per our arrangement. To my surprise, my bill was over $400! I was sure there was a gross mistake since I do not make any international calls and all long distance calls had been made from my cell phone which was a different carrier altogether,. When I called Verizon, I was told that in addition to the monthly charge for forwarding calls to my cell phone, there was a 10 cent charge per forwarded call! I was shocked and vehemently disputed these charges claiming that I was never told about the 10 cents per call additional charge;. Verizon would not budge and I requested that the recording of the conversation which they claim they make "for quality assurance" be pulled up as evidence to support my case. It was never done and I was told that the charges would not be taken off of my bill!. I was furious and stated that, knowing full well how many calls I receive per month regarding the non-profit animal rescue work I do, that I would NEVER have agreed to this plan had I been told!!! Verizon could not have cared less and I immediately refused to pay it and cancelled my service with them. Again, Verizon couldn't have cared less.  It is several years later and the bill has gone to a collection agency and has now has a permanent place on my credit report. How dare they???!!! Can anyone suggest any recourse for this company's blatant theft and strong armed tactics? I have told every Verizon collection caller as well as, eventually, every independent collection agency caller about the situation and they have all been unfazed.. Please, in addition to my letter to the FCC, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON SHAKEDOWN- ANOTHER LETTER TO THE FCC
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your billing issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@wittykitty wrote:

Let me start by saying my complaint is regarding Verizon. A few years ago, I decided to change phone companys regarding my land line. I did a considerable amount of research before choosing Verizon. An important feature I required was having my calls forwarded to my cell phone if I did not answer by the second ring because I am the president of a non-profit animal rescue organization and am well aware of the number of calls I receive and the urgency involved with these calls. During my conversation with Verizon, I was told that my request was possible and I would be charged a monthly fee for this service which was somewhere around $4.00 (definitely under $10) a month in addition to my regular monthly bill. I agreed to this arrangement and began my new service with Verizon. After one month, I received my bill which I expected to be under $50 as per our arrangement. To my surprise, my bill was over $400! I was sure there was a gross mistake since I do not make any international calls and all long distance calls had been made from my cell phone which was a different carrier altogether,. When I called Verizon, I was told that in addition to the monthly charge for forwarding calls to my cell phone, there was a 10 cent charge per forwarded call! I was shocked and vehemently disputed these charges claiming that I was never told about the 10 cents per call additional charge;. Verizon would not budge and I requested that the recording of the conversation which they claim they make "for quality assurance" be pulled up as evidence to support my case. It was never done and I was told that the charges would not be taken off of my bill!. I was furious and stated that, knowing full well how many calls I receive per month regarding the non-profit animal rescue work I do, that I would NEVER have agreed to this plan had I been told!!! Verizon could not have cared less and I immediately refused to pay it and cancelled my service with them. Again, Verizon couldn't have cared less.  It is several years later and the bill has gone to a collection agency and has now has a permanent place on my credit report. How dare they???!!! Can anyone suggest any recourse for this company's blatant theft and strong armed tactics? I have told every Verizon collection caller as well as, eventually, every independent collection agency caller about the situation and they have all been unfazed.. Please, in addition to my letter to the FCC, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

The wording is that your call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes. They don't record every call.

I can't help with the Verizon bill, but given what you're trying to accomplish you might look into getting a Google Voice number. There's a way to have it ring multiple numbers when dialed.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes