Verizon Call Assistant No Longer Available?
ckcasad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just contacted the support chat and they told me the Verizon Call Assistant is no longer available.  I used this feature at my old house to receive email notfications when I got voicemails.  Is it true this is no longer available or did I get someone that didn't know what they were talking about?

If this is the case then it might be time for me to go back to Vonage!

Re: Verizon Call Assistant No Longer Available?
Justin46
Legend

@ckcasad wrote:

I just contacted the support chat and they told me the Verizon Call Assistant is no longer available.  I used this feature at my old house to receive email notfications when I got voicemails.  Is it true this is no longer available or did I get someone that didn't know what they were talking about?

If this is the case then it might be time for me to go back to Vonage!

Have you tried going to the Call Assistant website and signing up? The site is there, I don't see anything about it being discontinued. In fact I just signed in and got my list of calls, so it is still working.

Try going to https://www36.verizon.com/callassistant/signin.aspx and signing up and see if it will work.

Otherwise I have no idea, sorry...... Smiley Sad

Keller, TX 76248

greenpeeps
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem.  I saw that Verizon had it, said I was signed up for it, and it was free.  But I couldn't get it to install.  I finally called Verizon and someone there told me it was no longer available.  However, two months later, I go to my account online, and here they are advertising it and it's free and says I'm already signed up for it.

Do they have it or did I have another circumstance of an employee who couldn't or wouldn't help?  The employee I spoke to also said there was some other service, but I'd have to pay for that, and did I want to sign up for it?  I asked what the service was, what it would do for me, and he didn't know, but again asked me if I wanted to sign up for it.

Is anyone still using it?

tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

hasn't work for me in over 2 months and I have made repeated calls to report the issue. Today a Verizon person calls me and said it is no longer available.  So upsetting and frustrating that Verizon wouldn't notify their customers using this app.   So rude 

no consideration from them.   

ret2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told by Verizon that it only works with Verizon Freedom Essentials phone service and

It will not work with the new Verizon Digital Voice Mail phone service.

crugil

Hasn't worked for me since Nov.8th..both on my desktop and laptop.. I contacted  live/chat  w/a tech guy today and he couldn't figure it out..Said

it may be a billing/profile glitch...called them and got so many prompts,  I just couldn't get a person..So I uninstalled it and in trying to reinstall, I get a prompt that says I already have it on my account..but can't find it to download it again.Crazy..givin up!!

0 Likes
tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

it is most frustrating and can't get a straight answer from Verizon.

I am able to view my calls and voice mails but that's it.  Will not load and play any  of my voicemails.

Now lately I kept getting all  my old calls back I have deleted   they keep showing back up again in my calls ????

why is Verizon running us around the barn !   VCA is currently  listed on their sites as part of the phone plan

as well as on my phone service plan.    helloooo  what is the deal !

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If you have switched to digital voice, or have digital voice, you will need to use the online tools.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/

Now if you have switched to digital voice, there is a time limit where you must set up you mailbox.

tropicalgal
Contributor - Level 1

Prisaz,  greatful for your post info.   Most informative...   My current plan is freedom essentials as I have landline.

If I switch to Digital Voice my VCA will play my voice voice mails   after I get the tools with link you posted...?

Digital Voice is more expensive cost than Landline cost. ? 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tropicalgal wrote:

Prisaz,  greatful for your post info.   Most informative...   My current plan is freedom essentials as I have landline.

If I switch to Digital Voice my VCA will play my voice voice mails   after I get the tools with link you posted...?

Digital Voice is more expensive cost than Landline cost. ? 

I am not sure if you can make the switch. At one point new customers were getting it and you could not switch. It is like VOIP but the VOIP box is built into the Verizon ONT hardware. Unlike other vendors where you must have an external box. If you can switch it should be the same cost, but you would save on some taxes.

VCA tools are for POTS, (Freedom Essentials) to the best of my knowledge. I had VCA before I switched. My account was deleted and recreated, so I was like a new customer, but without the new customer discounts. So basicly I was an existing customer with a new account. Not an easy change. I was without service for a while on my voice line because of the strike. It would be interesting to see if I could get the VCA to work on digital voice, but I don't think it will.

Strange. It looks like my VCA account is still there. When I launch the software I just reinstalled, it shows calls and voicemails prior to my switch do Digital Voice. Items shown from March and nothing following March. I would say they are different systems completly, and not linked in any way. Also when I tried to access the Voice mails, it said I was not connected to the service.

0 Likes