Re: Verizon Call Assistant
dbrennan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Wow, thanks VPAC, this actually seems to have worked for me.  How were you able to figure this out?  Perhaps Verizon Tech Support should be contacting folks like you to assist them in resolving issues like this.  Appreciate your expertise and skill.
0 Likes
Verizon Call Assistant - Activation issue
ParadigmShyft

Hi guys,

I've gotten no help from Verizon, so maybe one of you can give me some insight ?

I got new phone service earlier this month. On the 5th I got an email that my VCA was ready and I just had to activate it at the link. When I tried, it said "We are experiencing a delay in setting up your account. Please try again later." So I tried the next day, and the next, and so on... Always the same error. I've tried calling and nobody has a clue what it is. I tried e-mailing support and they said they can't help me and said "please contact Verizon Call Assistant Maintenance Control office at 1 888 483 5156". When I called that number, I got a message saying they were having issues withcertain features in certain areas and to hold for further assistance. When I finally got someone, she told me what I was asking about didn't exist. Got mad at me. When I explained what it was she told me to talk to DSL support. I said it's a phone feature not DSL. She said fine, put me on hold for about 5 minutes then cold transferred me to the same number I had just called. 

I'm getting a little frustrated. It's been over a week and I still can't activate it.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant - Activation issue
Justin46
Legend

Suggestions? Search the forum, or just scroll through recent posts, like this one you just posted in, there are seveeral threads here discussing the problem, with a possible solution right here, and with Call Assistant in the title.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 06-13-2009 11:45 AM
0 Likes
guyland123

Yeah, back online.  Thx.

FYI no need to restart the computer, just exit and restart the call assistant app.

Thx again.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

I "upgraded" my service haahaahaahaa  two weeks ago trying to get VCA.    They are still telling me that it was mistakenly missed at provision time and that the development team still hasn't had the opportunity to get it provisioned on my account so I can then install it.   

Even if I hadn't been a Verizon employee, previously, that still wouldn't make sense.   They just tell us what they think will work to get us off the phone (I don't tell them that I was an employee).  

If any Vz agents are reading, please see what you can find out.

Thanks

0 Likes
Neelie

>>Go and open My Computer,then go and open, the "C" folder then go and open, Program Files folder then go >>and open Verizon then go and open Call Assistant folder,then go to DCClient_Retail right click on it to edit(in >>notepad) ,then go edit line HostIPAddress" value="www36.verizon.com" to HostIPAddress" >>value="www36p.verizon.com", then save the file and restart the computer. This should fix the problem and >>you can use Call Assistant

I got as far as saving the file.  I'm running Vista 64 and it won't allow me to save the .x.ml file in notepad even though I have administrator privileges.  Any ideas?  regkey perhaps?

0 Likes
LtlGuinea
Everytime I try to activate the VCA I get a message like -- sorry for the delay we are having trouble setting up your account.  Try back later.  I Spent an hour on the phone Monday and was told everything would be fix by Tuesday.  It is Wed and it is still not working.  Is there some place were I can download the program insteading of waiting for the activation page to work?  Please help.
Message Edited by LtlGuinea on 08-19-2009 03:52 AM
0 Likes