Verizon Customer Service Representative Mislead Me About Service Price
WalterKin

I called Verizon on August 29, 2013 and spoke with Ms. {edited for privacy} (could be a different spelling). I told her that I need two phone jacks in my apartment for easier DSL connection to my computer and asked how much it will cost. She checked the price and said "no charge". I was pleasantly surprised and went ahead to place an order. I received order number {edited for privacy}. On September 11, 2013 the jacks were installed and later I received a bill with full charges for them totaling about $200.

About a week ago, I called customer service 800-837-4966 and spoke with Ms. {edited for privacy} about the issue. She said she can't help me, but she will ask her supervisor Ms. Burns, who is currently very busy, to call me within 24 hours - but Ms. Burns didn't not call or leave a message.

I don't think that in this situation it will be fair to charge me for phone jacks, because it appears that Version employee made a geniune mistake and unintentionally mislead me about the price. If she would tell me that I will be charged I would have not place this order. I'm on Social Security Disability income (SSI) and can't afford it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service Representative Mislead Me About Service Price
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service Representative Mislead Me About Service Price
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case due to no response. Please feel free to make a new thread anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Cost of two additional phone jacks for Life Line Customer
WalterKin

This is a continuation of the topic I created before at this URL:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/Verizon-Customer-Service-Representative-...

I spoke with different people on 10.25.2013 and as a result about $105 was refunded to my account balance. Another $80 still was not refunded/credited - thank for you for that! The remaining balance had been promised to be broken into 6 monthly installments. I still didn't get any email confirmation about that. And my $160 current balance ($80 of which is expected to be refunded)  is listed as due on 11.05.2013?!

0 Likes
Re: Cost of two additional phone jacks for Life Line Customer
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case.

Please follow my instruction above on accessing your private support case.

0 Likes