Verizon Home Phone Connect problems
lcdrdan

I recently purchased the Home Phone Connect unit from Verizon.  It consists of a device for residential phone service.  The instruction book shows simple connections....power and phone cable only.  It was connected as shown in the manual, and all lights are on....MESSAGE LIGHT:  BLINKING,      POWER LIGHT:  ON,       BATTERY LIGHT:  CHARGED  , and TWO SIGNAL LEVEL LIGHTS:  ON (indicating a strong signel).              When I try to make a call....I immediately get a busy signal.  i cannot receive any calls....(incoming calls go immediately to messages (thats why the message light in always blinking).    I've talked to  Verizon technicians twice....but not results.   One Technician said that i do not need the power cable connected....only the phone cable.  (while this does not make sense, I tried it and of course, I didn't even get a dial tone).     Another technician suggested that I dial "1" before each number.....again no change.

Has anyone had troubles getting their Home PHone Connect system to work.....  I would appreciate any help.  

Thanks in advance.

lcdrdan

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Home Phone Connect problems
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about the problem your having with your phone. Are these the only phones in the house? If not, please unplug them and test to make sure the line works as it should before plugging the Home Phone Connects back in.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Home Phone Connect problems
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is Verizon Wireless's product, but it sounds like this should be a pretty simple fix. If the Wireless telephone device has already been provisioned by Verizon Wireless, if you were to unplug the device from your telephone wiring, do your phones still give a busy signal or some other form of connection, or are they completely dead? Have you ensured any existing landline service, such as a POTS line with Verizon or an old Cable modem VoIP service have been completely disconnected from your home's wiring? Does the Home Phone Connect service work when you plug a phone directly into the device?

0 Likes