Verizon Voice Mail
route66penny

Does my land line phone need to have an answering machine built in to get voice messages. If it doesn't how will I know when I have a Verizon Voice mail message to retrieve?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Voice Mail
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have voice mail service, you do not need an answering machine.  In fact, if you have an answering machine, you should unplug it or turn it off so it doesn't interfere with voice mail.

New voice messages are indicated by a stutter dial tone when you pick up the phone or by a message waiting indicator light on phones that have this feature.

If you have FiOS digital voice you can manage voice mail through the web and receive voice messages by email.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
route66penny

I have been trying to find a simple phone without a Message machine built in that still has a message indicator light.

Does any one know if this exists and where I can buy one. I don't want a full on office desk phone just a simple wall mountable phone with a cord is fine.?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@route66penny wrote:

I have been trying to find a simple phone without a Message machine built in that still has a message indicator light.

Does any one know if this exists and where I can buy one. I don't want a full on office desk phone just a simple wall mountable phone with a cord is fine.?

Here's an example. You might want to look around a bit more, but this is one I came up with quickly: http://www.amazon.com/Scitec-205TMW-Message-Waiting-Indication/dp/B006ZOH1CU/

0 Likes