Verizon competes with DMV for worst customer service!
Paid2Kill

I have tried since January to have our phone lines disconnected.  That's it, simple right, not so.  Finally, March 14th, 2009 Verizon figured out how.  The real irritation here is I was charged for two months service while Verizon spent time searching for its own a--.  In that time I spoke with no less than 23 CSRs, 10hrs of my time being transferred one to the other, and not one would brief the next rep, so I repeated the story so much I sounded like a recorded loop. 

Pass the Buck, should be Verizon's new slogan, that is why there is a "Network" standing behind the Verizon guy on TV, so they can transfer your call to each other until you get tired, disgusted, and quit.

What entity besides the SCC regulates Verizon and would ally with me to get satisfaction.

PS

I switched to T-Mobile @Home*, and for $9.99 a month, you get everything Verizon provided for $49.00. 

*There is an issue with faxing, but if your still sending faxes, I have a rotary phone you may want.  The word is PDF.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon competes with DMV for worst customer service!
Dmitri

Must agree 😞 was just told that call forwarding is options - hmmm  that was provided by every voip provider years ago *and* it actually works for most.  not verizon though. 

I've had somewhat iffy experience with tmobile but certainly will give it a try once again once my contract with verizon is up - company has no interest in addressing issues/concerns & loosing reputation.  Very, very disappointing...

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

A lot of it depends on the type of telephone service people have.   Plain old telephone service is regulated by each state.  They have their hands into what can/can't be charged for.  

As I understand it, VoIP service like Vonage or Verizon VoiceWing is classified as Information Services and typically don't come under public utilty scrutiny so they have more latitude in what features are/aren't included in the service.  I'd be shocked if Verizon is charging for call forwarding options in their VoIP offer.  Maybe you got a rep that didn't know what they were talking about.  Any large company that has a bunch of call centers is going to have some people that know their job well and others that need some remedial training.    

0 Likes
surfdis

I agree.  I just got off the phone after 20 minutes of being transferred back and forth.  The problem seems to be that the customer service reps just don't have enough training.   My question was technical 'The HD DVR only holds an anemic 20 hours of content.  Is there a way to add a computer hard drive to increase the space?"   I posed this question to the people at my local Verizon Experience store in Southlake, TX.  They told me to call the technical dept.   The technical dept told me to call the Encore sales dept.  We argued for a few minutes as I was dead certain I was asking a technical question.   He insisted it was a sales question.  He was obviously just reading scripts, he was no more a technician than my own receptionist.  I played along and was transferred to sales.  First words out of the sales department ?  You guessed it "Ooohh, I'm sorry, that's a question for technical support".   I hung up. 

An added frustration is that every time they transfer you, the new person your speaking to has to verify your name address, callback numbers.....etc etc.   What a waste of time.  If you have a problem, your better off just switching to another carrier.

0 Likes
vzfios
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can not expand the capacity on your own. The recording capacity is limited to the size of the HardDrive found in the Motorolla STB's.  

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@surfdis wrote:

I agree.  I just got off the phone after 20 minutes of being transferred back and forth.  The problem seems to be that the customer service reps just don't have enough training.   My question was technical 'The HD DVR only holds an anemic 20 hours of content.  Is there a way to add a computer hard drive to increase the space?"   I posed this question to the people at my local Verizon Experience store in Southlake, TX.  They told me to call the technical dept.   The technical dept told me to call the Encore sales dept.  We argued for a few minutes as I was dead certain I was asking a technical question.   He insisted it was a sales question.  He was obviously just reading scripts, he was no more a technician than my own receptionist.  I played along and was transferred to sales.  First words out of the sales department ?  You guessed it "Ooohh, I'm sorry, that's a question for technical support".   I hung up. 

An added frustration is that every time they transfer you, the new person your speaking to has to verify your name address, callback numbers.....etc etc.   What a waste of time.  If you have a problem, your better off just switching to another carrier.

The answer to your question can be found in the FAQ in the Residential Services board. 

0 Likes
nildus

100% true!!!

today I made a record of my patience and hold on the line for 1 hour 10 minutes.

I had been ping-pong'ed 7 times! 

they have very messy system (probably on purpose) and absolutely incompetent support agents. 

I was on hold for 10 minutes in complete silence.

the music stopped abruptly - probably another trick to make people think they lost the call.

it took 2 supervisors to work on the issue and it is still up in the air...

really really bad.

0 Likes