Verizon messed up with my fios phone service and unable to reconnect my phone number
agarwal331
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had  fios phone service with fios for 2 years as part of the bumdle.  I decided to port my number out of verizon to reduce my bill.  Verizon did not complete the number porting but canceled my phone service.  I have been trying to get Verizon to reconnect my number and the three agents that I spoke to are unable to get it reconneted.  They just submit a ticket and have no clue what is going on.  The latest ticket that has been filed is {edited for privacy}

I am getting very angry at how Verizon has handled my phone number.  I had this number for 10 years and has been ported to several carriers.  And it only took verizon to mess it up.  How many calls have I missed and the damage it is causing to me.

I am not very happy with the giant company  who is unable to service the customer.  Great technology but too big for a reasonable customer service. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up with my fios phone service and unable to reconnect my phone number
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Why you call the Verizon first,???    you want to port the number out of Verizon..

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messed up with my fios phone service and unable to reconnect my phone number
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The company that you ported the number to needs to contact Verizon if there is an issue. The number can not be cancelled with Verizon until the porting process is completed.

0 Likes
agarwal331
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually it is the other telco company who said that the number was not successfully ported and Verizon still has the possession of the number.  But verizon did disconnect my service.  Now I dont have the number and I wanted verizon to reissue the number (or let me know how the other telco can get that number)

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@agarwal331 wrote:

Actually it is the other telco company who said that the number was not successfully ported and Verizon still has the possession of the number.  But verizon did disconnect my service.  Now I dont have the number and I wanted verizon to reissue the number (or let me know how the other telco can get that number)

Why did Verizon disconnect your service? Did you call Verizon to disconnect before the number port completed?  For that matter, did you call them to make any account changes?  If so, that was a bad mistake.  It it most likely impossible to get the number back.

If you did not instruct them to disconnect or otherwise, then file a porting complaint with the FCC.

Good Luck.

agarwal331
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did not call verizon to make any changes to my acocunt.  Just received an email n Jan 21, 2015 saying my service has been disconnected.  I called them 3 times.  I want to give 1 more week to Verizon to fix this otherwise I am filing a complaint with FCC. 

Thanks

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't wait.