Verizon refused to port my Digital Voice number out
chantillyva
Enthusiast - Level 1

A quick search of the forum indicates my situation may not have been encountered yet.  The brief synopsis:

My Triple-Play contract ended last month (or the month before).....so I am on a month-to-month basis.  I called last week to cancel the TV package and the Digital Voice package and agreed to a new 24-month contract for an enhanced (better than I had) internet service.  I asked for this to be effective on 1/27, since I was paid up through then. 

I purchased and installed a magicjack, which gave me a new number.  I initiated a request to port my current Verizon (which was ported from Cox years ago before that) number through magicjack.  I was informed by magicjack that this request was refused by Verizon "because VERIZON FIOS DIGITAL has notified us that they already have a port request in process for your number."

Is this a case where I have to get on the phone with Verizon, yet again (I've spent over two hours on chat (then on the phone) with Verizon getting this change in service which includes the time spent fending off up-sales from every CSR that communicated with me)? 

Since this number is still active and the account is paid up it seems that Verizon could do this.  In fact, I believe they should do this.....as it would be illegal not to do this.  Would an FCC complaint make this happen as fast (or faster) as a call to Verizon? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon refused to port my Digital Voice number out
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Verizon refused to port my Digital Voice number out
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey chantillyva,

Thanks for letting us know everything was taken care of elsewhere. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help. We have closed your private support thread.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes