Verizon reporting negative information on credit report
brian8789

I used to have a Verizon landline and had an excellent pay history with them as I currently do with Verizon Wireless.  In 2010 I decided to cancel our landline service in favor of an additional cell phone with that same number.  When I did this I received a "Final Bill" from Verizon and paid it as I always did, I also had a Verizon and Direct TV Bundle which meant I pay one bill for both services.  After about a year I received a call from Verizon's collection agency in 04/2011 for money I still owed, I told them I paid the final bill.  Apparently when you have a bundle with Direct TV some of it is billed ahead and this amount was due.  I never received another bill from Verizon for this amount so I never knew.  Once I spoke to collection agency I paid the remainder in 5/2011.  For that last 4 years Verizon has placed a negative mark on my credit report that shows as "Serious delinquency" when creditors check your credit report.

I feel this is extremely unfair and has affected my credit on at least 2-3 occurrences.  I do not understand why Verizon can't see this was an honest mistake and remove the negative report.  In fact since I paid it off in 05/2011 (right after I found out about it) why did they even report it in the first place in 06/2011? Please help me!  I hear it takes 7-7.5 years to remove this from credit.  This is so unfair and I have seen that I am not alone from posts on this forum.  What can I do to get this removed so it no longer affects my credit rating? Thank you for any assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon reporting negative information on credit report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes