Verizon screwed up and won't give me my number
Blesson92
Enthusiast - Level 2
I had optimum then switched to Verizon when optimum started charging me excessively. I ported my number to Verizon then my dad started complaining mid installation so I told the installation guy to stop and that I wanted my number ported back to optimum because he already ported the number to Verizon. I didn't tell him to cancel the service. I made it clear several times to the installation guy, his boss, and optimum that I'm porting the number. Optimum tells me that they can port the number as long as it stays active. I ask how do I keep it active. They tell me that as long as I don't call Verizon and tell them to cancel the phone service, I'll still own the number. So I call Verizon a couple of days later and check to make sure everything is going as planned. Verizon literally lies out of their **bleep** saying that they don't have the number. I tell them they r wrong. I call optimum, they say Verizon owns or and it's still active because optimum called the number and got voice mail and they tell me that Verizon needs to update their info for the number so that my name and address is on the number so they can port it. I tell Verizon that and they continue to lie. So I called Verizon another time and demand to speak with the manager. Then the number magically exists and someone put a cancel order on the service so they put a cancel on the cancel order and it is going to take 3 days to add my name and address to the number so I get a confirmation code and tell optimum the code and date. They record it and tell me that they'll contact me if anything changes. 2 days later I get woken up from a call from optimum. They told me Verizon just disconnected my number.<br>I'm furious. I call Verizon they tell me the number is disconnected and there's nothing they can do. I tell them they better do something but they continued to be useless. Since Verizon owned the number I tried calling as a customer, set up a bundle, and told the agent that I want that number for my service. They say they can't do that when they should cuz Verizon owns the number, it's just disconnected. Nobody else owns it. I tell optimum they say that Verizon won't give me my number because my number was ported over a month ago. I got my number ported a week ago at the time so I'm like what? I call Verizon they say they ported my number to another company which even they don't know the name of the company. They set up a conference call with Verizon which didn't help because my dad was on the call instead of me because they didn't call my cellphone. I called Verizon again now they have an agent working on my problem who was supposed to call me yesterday but I didn't get anything yesterday from the agent. It's currently 2 weeks since my number was ported to Verizon.<br><br>May I please get some help on this situation? I've tried to resolve it every which way I could think of. I'm about to call all the cable companies to find out who has my number. Do I make a complaint to the FCC?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon screwed up and won't give me my number
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes