Visual voicemail not working on Mac after Java update
ChattyRobbie

I've been able to access Visual voicemail on my iMac up until I got a message that the Java add-on/applet need updating. I'm now using Java 7 update 25 and visual voicemail stopped working. The chat agent says everything's normal on the Verizon network side and I should wait for Java to fix the applet. Any other Mac users having problems?

0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail not working on Mac after Java update
mules2

i just got off the phone with verizon - 4+ hours setting up 2 mailboxes and trying to figure out why my internet voice mail doesn't work.  the service guy in pittsburg didn't know that this was a problem with the java update and a mac.

it still isn't working!!!

0 Likes
Resident1

Did you ever get it working?  I'm trying to connect a Verizon home monitoring device and it made me update Java (on my Mac) and I did, it won't work now.  Help FAQs are useless and no info on forum.  Will return the product tomorrow if I can't get it going.  

0 Likes
mintzmd

Were you able to get it working? I have tried today on 2 different macs and 3 internet browsers on each, checked JAVA and flash and still not working.

0 Likes
22xmen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Stop working on my MacBook on 12/20/2013. Verizon support says wait for applet fix. Ughhhhhh!!!!

0 Likes
jclarkv

I've had FiOS exactly one day and just discovered what I consider to be a major problem--not being able to listen to my voicemails in a Mac browser.  I would love to hear that Verizon is dumping Java in favor of a more modern way to handle audio (html5, anyone?).  In the mean time, here are the error message I receive on the Voicemail site after a fresh Java Update to version 7 update 51:

And if I click that I accept the risk and run it anyway:

Here's just the lates headline on why Verizon needs to dump JAVA for it's voicemail system:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/01/java-based-malware-driving-ddos-botnet-infects-windows-mac-l...

Having said all that, a good workaround seems to be to have the voicemail forwarded to your e-mail account and listen to it there (works fine on Gmail).

jclarkv

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A report in another thread says they will fix in a few days (weekdays probably).  Also posts a workaround of accepting the site as authorized.

JAVA is actively trying to plug the remaining holes that keep it as not recommended by Homeland Security.

0 Likes