Voice Mail
rebelpi

How can I disable voice mail ... want to use my answering machine.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail
tns
Master - Level 2

You will have to actually contact Verizon to request that.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Something to keep in mind about the VZ Voice Mail and here is something we do.  Everyone is different and needs are different.

We use an answering machine in conjunction with the VZ Voice Mail.  By default our answering machine will answer when we don't pick up.  If we are on the phone and choose not to answer the beep the caller will get the VZ voice mail.  We like the idea of the caller having the ability to leave a message in either case.  Plus we do get the voice mail in email.

When we go out of town we will turn the answering machine off and let calls go to VZ Voice mail.  With my IPHONE when a call is received it will text us we have a voice mail and then in email we can listen to the message.

The flexibility is nice.  If this is not appealing to you and wish to not have VZ voice mail you can either call VZ up and have them disable it or you can log into www.verizon.com/fiosvoice and change the number of rings to 6.  This way your answering machine will answer assuming its set to 3 or 4 rings.  If you should have a power outage at least callers will have the ability to leave a message too.

Hope this helps

Jim

0 Likes