Voicemail Text notification
AnnieM2
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hello. I used to get text messages to my cell phone when someone would leave a voicemail on my home phone. This no longer happens. Nothing has changed, so I don't know why it suddently stopped. I have called four different customer support offices, I have checked all of the appropriate areas of my account, and no one can figure out why this feature no longer works for me. Have any of you ever experienced this problem and, if so, were you able to rectify the problem? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Voicemail Text notification
khowie2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue after switching to digitial voice. I contacted support and they had me add the option to send it via email to my cell. I hate this because it sends more information than needed. If i log in under IE, I my carrier is Virgin Mobile, if I log in under Chrome, it is AT&T (which is correct). They can't seem to get it fixed, though they say it isnt' broken. Very frustrating.

AnnieM2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I 100% agree about the emails. Besides, who wants to keep checking emails to see if you have a voicemail?   The text was so very convenient - you knew immeidately if you had a voicemail, which I loved b/c I have kids, so I felt that someone could always reach me while I'm at work, even if they left a message on my home phone.  How is it that absolutely no one at Verizon can fix this problem?  I tried EVERYTHING - online, via my landline, on the phone, chat, etc.  I even had one representative tell me that getting a text was never an option. I may not be a rocket scientist, but I'm also not nuts.  I KNOW that I always got text messages.  Verizon - YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!

0 Likes
ns2n2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem. Notifications to my cell phone suddenly stopped. On top of that, the voicemail light on my answering machine didn't light up so I didn't know I had voicemail for about a month! I went online and checked the settings and my cell phone carrier defaulted to Virgin Mobile athough I have a different carrier. I put in the correct one and clicked on "Save Settings" but it kept defaulting back to Virgin Mobile. I'm not even going to bother calling Verizon seeing that they will just give you a runaround or a workaround that doesn't work. It looks like they had changed their software so someone should fix this bug ASAP.