Why did Veriizon drag their feet about repairing my dial-tone issue?
PvilleNJhere

My Verizon service was activated yesterday, but there was no dial tone. Needless to say, I hit the ceiling. I have absolutely NO PHONE till tomorrow, a service agent was kind enough to expedite my order. I'm royally screwed if I have an emergency and have to use 911, my prepaid cell phone (not through Verizon) needs a new minutes card...

Why does crap like this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Why did Veriizon drag their feet about repairing my dial-tone issue?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cell phones allow 911 calls even with no minutes.

0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon drag their feet about repairing my dial-tone issue?
marcietee

You think that's bad! I called and asked to change my 2 lines on to 2 bills so I could get a less expensive bundle I was told they would have to shut the phone off for  a couple hours to make the switch its been a week and its still off and now I was told I would have to wait until Tuesday to get the service back on, so now on Monday I am going to file a complaint with the FCC and the BBB. I have been lied to by 3 agents and a supervisor the first lie was that it would be off for only 2 hours then the second lie was I will have it on by 5 PM today, that was on Friday then the 3rd lie was the only day I can have it turned on is the 4th because the offices will be closed on Monday (another agent said that was not the case no offices will be closed on Monday ) Than the supervisor said that the order was always for the 4th so she lied because I was also told it was for the 30th of May. So I guess all Verizon agents are liars or the supervisor lied too. I am so unhappy with Verizon at this point I am thinking about dumping both home accounts, both internet services, and both cell services. I had a fall yesterday and could not get a hold of my son to come help me but the worst thing in all this is being LIED to I don't think I can do business with liars.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi marcietee,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We went ahead and close out the case due to no activity. Please come back and let us know if you still need help.

Thank you,

Bert 

0 Likes