Wrong Regional Calling Area
PVFarm

I signed up for the regional calling area, but think Verizon has placed me in the wrong one, as ALL my dialed calls outside my home prefix are TOLL calls at $.10/min.  My area code (814) is large.  I contacted customer service, and they listed all the areas included in my plan.  Many of them are a 3-hour (or more!) drive from my house, and in central or eastern PA.  I'm in northwest PA.  

The following are ALL TOLL CALLS:  Ordering a pizza.  Calling my neighbor who lives 3 minutes away.  Every number in the 2 adjoining counties, which are the locations of most of the local businesses I patronize.  The cell phone number of EVERY SINGLE ONE of my family and friends. My OWN cell phone.

Has anyone has success getting their region reassesed or switched?  Customer service basically said, you can't pick your region, sorry 'bout your luck.  I've never called the places that are included, and I feel like I'm being scammed to either upgrade to the more expensive nationwide plan or continue paying these ridiculous charges.  If not for my home business, I'd cancel the number altogether...but Verizon is also the only (non-satellite) internet I can get here in my rural area, so I's still have an account with them, unfortunately.  But my bundle is supposed to be about $35/mo...I've yet to have a monthly bill under $70.   Cell coverage from my home is nearly non-existant, but I'm considering using a prepay phone for most of my outgoing calls....unless anyone has suggestions/experience with this situation!  Thanks!! 

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Regional Calling Area
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PVFarm,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Wrong Regional Calling Area
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning PVFarm,

We are closing your private support case at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to address with us.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes