Your automatic answerer is interfering with my answering machine.
YakovP

I've had complaints from callers that when they call my landline phone, they hear a (female) voice message instead of my own answering machine message.  This has also happened at times when I've been available to take the calls; I don't hear the phone ring, and the caller tells me later that he got the phone co. message. 

How can I get the phone co. message removed so calls will proceed directly to my home phone and my own phone message?

0 Likes
Re: Your automatic answerer is interfering with my answering machine.
SomethingsIhate

I agree. Same thing will happen to me. They should let you control your phone and not have to call a rep that usually cant solve the proble. As my name implies. Somethings I Hate... This is one of them. Hopefully a Verizon rep gets this and does something besides laugh at it.

0 Likes
YakovP

I just contacted a Verizon eCenter rep. through the live chat. She suggested changing my ring cycle (sounds like LOTR), but when I told her that I really just wanted to eliminate the Verizon voice message, she said she could do that. Hopefully it will be removed within the next 2 hrs. 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Something to think about.  We like the Verizon Voice Mail and use it in conjunction with our home answering machine.  If we are on the phone and someone beeps in and wish to not answer the call the caller will have the ability to leave a message.  We have it set to answer on 5 rings.   Just something to think about.  

0 Likes