being charged for cancelled service
rose_in_pa

I tried posting on your fb page and I don't see it there yet.  So I'll try this --  I just got my bill today and saw a $14.99 monthly charge for World Plan 300.  This is the plan I got in June 2013 for ONE MONTH while my children were travelling in Europe.  I requested one month, was actually pro-rated for just the time they were there (which was 3 weeks) , and in July 2013 I called back to make sure the charge was removed.  I was assured it had been.  Should I check my bill carefully?  Yes of course.  BUT, your representative told me the charge was removed and it wasn't!  So, they lied or are incompetent.  I paid for this service in Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov and Dec.  Are you kidding me?  $75 for something I NEVER used and had cancelled?  I asked your phone rep tonight and she assured me it was cancelled.  Well, the man on the phone in July told me it was cancelled, too.  Who do I believe?  I asked her tonight to connect me to someone who can credit my account for the service I cancelled and she said it was not possible.  Not possible to get back the money for something you didn't cancel??  This is shameful.

Any check of my account will show when the service was ordered, when I used my home phone to call Europe, and when I stopped using it.  I am disapointed that your company is satisfied with continuing to charge me for a service I had every reason to think was cancelled.  You TOLD me it was cancelled.  I added several Premium TV cable choices in August so the fact that the bill was higher didn't really register. 

You have one deeply disapointed customer in me. 

Rose

0 Likes
Re: being charged for cancelled service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: being charged for cancelled service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rose_in_pa,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your bill and the World Plan charge or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
Re: Being Charged for Cancelled Service
Infuriated2

I HAVE NEVER BEEN AS DISRESPECTED AS I HAVE BEEN BY VERIZON TODAY!!!!

I moved from MD TWO YEARS AGO and cancelled my bundled services (Phone, internet, and cable), but apparently someone at Verizon left the internet service on...I wasn't getting a bill and had Verizon service installed in my new home in TX, so I didn't think anything of it. When I recently ran my credit report, I noticed a negative from Verizon, when I called to investigate, after a 40 minute call, I was told I had to call the Finance department the next day to arrange payment for the $1100 I owed for the 23 months of internet service that they'd been charging me for.....

My first call started at 7am (PST)....after being told I was routed to the wrong department and transferred FOUR TIMES over an hour, I finally reached a supervisor who told me they would call me back....yeah right

So, when I called back this evening, and was transferred three more times, hung up on, put on hold (only to wait and then be disconnected), I reached an extremely rude "customer service" agent, who told me she would do me the courtesy of knocking off three months of the 23 month bill, but that I would be responsible for the rest, because she didn't see and record of a request being made to disconnect the service.

I REPEAT!!!!!   BUNDLE SERVICE!!!!!!  CABLE WAS CUT OF IN MARCH OF 2012!!!!!! PHONE WAS CUT OFF IN MARCH OF 2012!!!!   WHY WOULDN'T THE INTERNET HAVE BEEN CUT OFF AS WELL?????????

i AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED, ANGRY, AND I'VE NOW SPENT OVER 2.5 HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH VERIZON WITH NO END TO THIS NIGHTMARE IN SIGHT!!!!

CUSTOMER SER VICE DOES NOT MEAN ANSWERING THE PHONE AND PUTTING PEOPLE ON HOLD OVER AND OVER AGAIN.  IT DOES NOT MEAN TELLING A CUSTOMER, "I CAN'T HELP YOU"...

IT MEANS HELPING THE CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Infuriated,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Infuriated,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with internet charges or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes