**bleep** IS WITH ALL THESE SALES CALLS?!?!?
DND1

Less than 12 hours after you installed our new phone service we are getting DELUGED with sales calls, many asking for us by name.  It's been going on for days.

We didn't pay the extra money to have our number unlisted, but figured that was just for the phone books.  

IS VERIZON NOW SELLING OUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES ???? How else would these people have our new number?

THIS NEVER HAPPENED WITH CABLEVISION and it needs to stop or we will dump and run from Verizon within the first 30 days.

0 Likes
Re: **bleep** IS WITH ALL THESE SALES CALLS?!?!?
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

A lot of telemarketers get numbers from the public registry. The best way to combat unwanted solicitation calls is to get your number added to the National Do Not Call list at https://www.donotcall.gov/ .

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
DND1

Yes a lot of them do.  But does VERIZON sell my information?  

i dont' see how my name and number would show up on the national registry within 24 hours of getting my Verizon phone.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have yet to hear of phone companies doing that, they might, but I haven't heard of it.   They also have VERY strict PUC And FCC guidelines for maintaining the integrity of their customers accounts.   so idk.   But FWIW Telemarketers are not stupid, they pay people some very smart people, and sometimes the marketeers just dial every number in sequence using an auto dialer, except those in the do not call list, until they get someone to answer.  They just go down the list starting at 000-0001, 000-0002 etc etc et al, for example and eventually reach your number. Your number is not unique like a finger print is to you. several people have already had your number before you. that is maybe why you also get some wrong number looking for a certain person. Your best bet is when a telemarketer call comes thru pick up ant tell them to put you on a do not call list. If they keep calling then you call your phone company and tell them.  Try to make use o fthe anonymous call rejection, call block, and Do Not Disturb Registry that the government set up.   anytime you get a new number, always go back to the site and re-register the new number.   If calls get excessively bad then you might want to consider a phone number change, or buy a hardware caller id blocker at a local electronics retailer.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can read all about Verizons privacy policy at www.verizon.com/privacy

0 Likes