fraudulent 411 calls we didnt make!!
yszponar
Enthusiast - Level 1

2 months in a row!! they credited for one month but wont credit the second.  is this happening to anyone else?  we dont even use the phone and have NO reason to call 411.  they also say they cant block the 411 number...how convenient!  terrible service and situation here!!

Re: fraudulent 411 calls we didn't make!!
Christopher64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was charged for a directory assistance call and some 1 minute long distance calls that I didn't make.  Verizon told me there was nothing they could do since the calls came from my number.  I know I didn't make the calls & nobody else would have been in my house at those times.  I have never made a directory assistance call in my life.  They said maybe I could change my number, but does that cost anything, & who's to say that the same thing wouldn't happen with the new number?  I am usually very happy with Verizon, & I would hate to have to give up my land line, but if this keeps happening, I might have to cancel my account with them.  It isn't much money, but it is the principle of it, & it could be bigger charges down the road.  If they do just a little bit to a lot of people, that can really add up for them.

0 Likes
yszponar
Enthusiast - Level 1

So the technician came.  Even though they tried to tell me over the phone there was nothing wrong with the line.  he confirmed that there was some sort of short or something in the line that was causing my phone to dial things like 211, 311, 411, 511.  The outgoing call log you can find online confirmed that.  Which by the way no one told me about earlier i could have identified the problem a lot earlier!!

So the technician was very nice and installed a new line with no charge.  This seems to have fixed the problem.  I called back customer service and they are crediting me the calls since the technician confirmed the problem.  In the end Verizon did right but it took hours of fighting with them and bad customer service.  Should not be that way!!

The problem is they go in to situations assuming they are right and the customer is wrong when it should be the other way around.  As the customer you have to fight with them to get any sort of remedy to the problem and that is terrible!!

0 Likes
evielou37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here I have never or do not recall any 411 calls I have two on my bill this month that means it was recent enough to remember if I even used 411:

# 2 problem maybe some can help I don't want to just see charges etc etc on my online bill I want to see what numbers they came from and to  and why the charges

(like the old paper bills I used to get ) thanks for any help:

0 Likes