help, no dial tone
harleylady714

two days ago i ordered call forwarding.  as per verizon it won't be activated until monday.  the day i did that all my incoming calls started going straight to voice mail.  i would then hav no dial tone - a few moments later i'd get a dial tone and be able to make outgoing calls. as of today i can't even get  a dial tone.  one of my phones has a message on the screen saying line in use.  any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: help, no dial tone
marc35655
Contributor - Level 1

for now.. disconnect all your phones one by one and see if it helps. Could be a short where one plugs into the jack..

Next call Verizon support

0 Likes
Re: help, no dial tone
harleylady714

we found the missing phone and have dial tone but calls are still going to voice mail.

0 Likes
Re: help, no dial tone - Using DND?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@harleylady714 wrote:

... calls are still going to voice mail.

I initially had this issue a few months back when I tried to use Do Not Disturb during the night hours.  It seemed to work during the night hours, but it also kicked in and sent all calls to Voice Mail at many other times.  Missed a few important calls during that period.  Other folks faced the same problem, and the only fix we could find was to abandon the use of DND.  Are you using DND by any chance?

0 Likes
Re: help, no dial tone - Using DND?
harleylady714

no, i don't have dnd, but my solution is now going to be a switch to comcast.

0 Likes