internet works , but home phone doesn't
flyingblind1

so phone and internet were working fine until around 10-11 am we had a small storm the night before mild winds and rain , i checked everything unhooked and rehooked everything phone still doesn't work what could be the problem? maybe something got knocked loose?

0 Likes
Re: internet works , but home phone doesn't
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Meggiejj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went with Verizon Triple play LAST Sunday. It was supposed to be installed on Wed. No show. Installed on Thurs. which has been a nightmare every since. Instead of Fios phone they installed the regular land phone service. So far until today I can not get it corrected nor find out what my bill will be. I have gotten 5 different prices (I signed up for the triple play special on the net) Each price is different. I have spent since Wed. calling them and getting wrong answers and different prices to that I do not have any services with them (I am getting tv and internet) Today I had NO phone service. I called from my cell and got disconnected and can not reach the lady I spoke with who said she would call back if we got disconnected. It has been 1 hour and no call back.

I doubt that I will ever get this all fixed. Good luck in getting your phone service fixed.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Meggiejj wrote:

I went with Verizon Triple play LAST Sunday. It was supposed to be installed on Wed. No show. Installed on Thurs. which has been a nightmare every since. Instead of Fios phone they installed the regular land phone service. So far until today I can not get it corrected nor find out what my bill will be. I have gotten 5 different prices (I signed up for the triple play special on the net) Each price is different. I have spent since Wed. calling them and getting wrong answers and different prices to that I do not have any services with them (I am getting tv and internet) Today I had NO phone service. I called from my cell and got disconnected and can not reach the lady I spoke with who said she would call back if we got disconnected. It has been 1 hour and no call back.

I doubt that I will ever get this all fixed. Good luck in getting your phone service fixed.

0 Likes
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Meggiejj -- I sent you a private message to get more information so I can help you out.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
wingsohot

Is it true what I'm hearing? I've heard from many people, that with the FiOS phone, you have to dial your own area code then the number even if it's a local call?

0 Likes