mdmonty and others who lost copper wire, let's take action
hevero

If it helps any, I know exactly what you are going through.

The same thing happened to us, and it is like a surrealist movie. First we lost phone service after we accepted a salesperson's new deal on lower-priced TV and Internet (she neglected to mention any change in phone lines).

Hours upon hours of calls, missed time at work led me to a bunch of people whose scripts seemed less suited to customer service than to drive the customer crazy.

In the meantime, we could not log on to view our bill. THe Verizon site said we had no phone. (Three months later, same issue. We can't see into our account. It's unavailable.)

A person from Verizon with no name got in touch after I posted on this forum.

No last name, no callback number, no email address, just a veiled promise to "try to help" as along as I had not filed a complaint with the state. We had no phone service for weeks and she promised we would not have to pay for that time. Of course now we have a stack of verizon bills and even a shut-off threat (via cellphone, of course) but i cannot hold them to their no service-no bill promise.

The woman who would call me (at work) gave us  a new temporary number (away to dissuade us, perhaps?) WHen that took effect we found that two phone jacks had totally stopped working. The wan promised theywould be repaired and that if a visit to the house was necessary we would not be billed.That never happened.

Then a few weeks later (after her vacation, because no one else in this massive company could help in the meantime. and she said she had no access to our records) she

said she had transferred our problem to another person (escalated was the word she used).

That person (also with no last name, no number) called a week or so later to say our old number had been restored. Not.

FInally a technician came to the house. (Outdoors, not inside) He had a name. He said he had hooked things back up.

There was a dial tone. 

Now we have (I guess) copper wiring back, just as we had requested. (After all, like you, we had never asked for our wires to be changed). The static on the phone is so severe (not a problem we had ever experienced in the past) we can't even call Verizon.

We wanted to stay with our land line for safety reasons, to be able to reach our babysitters and kids, to make sure we could reach my mom, who is ill, and that she can reach us. Right now, if someone called 911 from our number, no one could hear them

ANd no one hears us when we call Verizon.

My experience in these two months or more of frustration is that Verizon is a greedy, grasping business with no concern for its duty as a public utility and that customer service is some kind of joke. But having experienced the communication failures of 9/11, I feel like I owe it to my family to fight for the copper wire landline that will survive more than 8 hours without power and that was taken away with no authorization on our part.

Verizon will not listen. The company is playing games. The ability of customers to communicate seems to concern them not at all. Please say in touch, mdmonty and others. i don't think we are the only ones with this issue, but get ready for a long fight.

0 Likes
Update: Copper service replaced by digital without authorization/
hevero

It seemed, for a day or two, that our copper service had been restored at last after a technician visited the house and found a lot of peculiarities in the wiring, including wires that went nowhere.

It seemed the static had at last cleared.

Hours later the billing office was on the phone asking for payment of my bill. Of course I still could not pay online. Only by mailing a check.

The next day the call came at home. Another anonymous Verizon caller with "good news."

Someone would be in our neighborhood in the next few weeks to "upgrade" our wiring.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! It took three months to get the copper back!

And then today it happened. I came home and the phone was dead.

Again.

Just like in January when it switched off mysteriously.

Please, not another "upgrade" to unregulated fiber optic wire that Verizon does not have to share.

I can't do this for three more months.

0 Likes
Re: mdmonty and others who lost copper wire, let's take action
hevero

regarding the message that says this issue was solved; that information is inocrrect

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

hevero,

Please go to your profile and click on the link to your support case under the "My support cases" header in the middle of your profile page to contact the private support agent.

0 Likes
hevero

I cannot figure out how to contact a private support agent through my profile. WHen I find my suport cases they are all marked (by someone, not me) aas reslved. and once again we have no phone service. can you call me at my office {edited for privacy}or on my cell {edited for privacy}

i don;t know where to turn

thank you

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

You should be able to reply to the support case to reopen it.

0 Likes