my name and number is being spoofed
leanbean
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting caller ID spoofed, my name and number shows up to tons of called people who call me back nonstop. I stopped picking up. I called the spoofing hotline which is useless. My phone is now useless as people call at all hours to complain to me for the last 3 days.

Verizon needs to figure out a way to handle this, since they will lose my business for sure. Dont use the land line much anymore anyways.

Re: my name and number is being spoofed
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunetly, Verizon can't do anything about it.  People with the right equipment can put any phone number into the system as their CallerID.  There is no verification in the phone system.   Names are generated by looking up the phone number in a database, so all the spoofer has to do is put your number in and your name will pop up.

All other phone carriers will have this issue.

The solution requires a fundamental redesign of a decades old phone system.  Which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

If have FiOs landline, sign in My account and set up DO NOT DISTRUB ,  you only receive the calls that you wish in the list.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes