no dial tone....no line....ONE WEEK TO FIX ???
Michelle2
Enthusiast - Level 2

My caller id works but the phone doesn't ring....have no dial tone.... caller id say's  no line ....Verizon say's it will be

fixed in a WEEK.......................UNBELEIVABLE.....if I was late with my bill one week, they would turn my phone off.....YES ?

The repair service we pay for SUCKS !

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone....no line....ONE WEEK TO FIX ???
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

There should be a couple of ways to figure out if the problem is in your home or outside of your home/apt. If you haven't already done so, try the following to isolate the problem

1. disconnect all of the phones, answering machines, fax machines from the wall jacks.

2. Wait a few minutes.

3. Connnect one phone into the jack and check for dial tone.

4. If dial tone on that line, try to add one phone/device at a time and check for dial tone on the last working phone.

5. Once you find u added a device and dial tone disappeared, you found the faulty device.

If none of the phones work, look for a box outside your home.. it is a Vz box and may say NID for network interface device.

This box should give you a place where you can plug in a phone and see if dial tone is making it to the box.

Try these options and post what you find.

larry

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone....no line....ONE WEEK TO FIX ???
Michelle2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tips Larry....did all that and still same problem....!  UGH !  M/.

0 Likes
Re: no dial tone,no line,ONE WEEK TO FIX ...HA ~~
Michelle2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the repair wasn't fixed as promised after a NINE day wait....tech came out....climbed a pole, left didn't say a word, called me on my cell phone number and said he couldn't find the soarse of WHY ????  will issue a bucket truck out later on today...HA>>>>>>>>>>>>the day is almost over....will try for tomorrow.............I'm not holding my breathe !!!

0 Likes