no land line service
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had a power outage at my house on Feb 15 2015, after the power returned we found we had no land line service, everyone around us have service...I have a repair order # {edited for privacy} for Thursday Feb 19th, my wife and I are both over 65 and my wife is post op...Am told the problem is a Verizon problem, this is just great, we can not call 911 if we have to, we borrowed a cell phone as we do not own one and it is not a verizon..One other thing, seems odd we have internet and it comes over the same phone line..For what I pay Verizon each month there should be better land line service..

0 Likes
Re: no land line service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cntstop,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Follow up on my no land line service of 5/17
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will say they did get a repair person here today 5/18, I have no complaint with the repairman he was excellent...He found that the problem is not in my line but in Verizon office somewhere, whether it be at the switching station in my town or at another office somewhere else..So until Verizon finds that problem I am without a land line and I'm not going to play computer tag, but will still have to pay the bill.....

0 Likes
still no land line service
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still have no land line service, just generated another repair order, the repairman that came yesterday 5/18 was very helpful to my problem..He found the problem is not my house but in a Verizon office whether it be in my town or somewhere else..We now have a constant busy signal, take into consideration I am using two regular phones in my house..Someone knows there is a problem, and it seems is not trying to fix the problem..I believe I have a right to be upset, this land line problem started on 2/15/ 15..

0 Likes
Re: still no land line service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cntstop,

You currently have an open Private Support case. We ask that you keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the Private Support area until your case is resolved or closed.

0 Likes
phone service back
cntstop
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have finally got my phone service back, sorry for all the trouble, but with my wife being post op, and us having no one to assist us I felt I had to get angry..Sorry Mr  Lawrence C  that you were the one that got tangled up with me, so I'll say Thank You for your help...

0 Likes
Re: phone service back
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.  Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

0 Likes
Re: still no land line service
rglennt

No phone service reboot unplugged all boxes started with connection box still no line or dial tone?

0 Likes