Customers With Disabilities
  • RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
earthling110

nomorobo

Comcast and Time Warner now offer nomorobo to block robocalls, when will Verizon also offer this free service to your customers>

Silver Contributor II
gs0b
0 Kudos

Re: nomorobo

Nomorobo requires simultaneous ring to operate.  This is readily available on VoIP based services including most cable providers.  Verizon FiOS Digital Voice also supports simultaneous ring and is supported by Nomorobo.

Verizon's traditional copper landline service does not support simultaneous ring.  I doubt other copper landline service providers offer it either due to technical and regulatory legacy reasons.

Your best option is to switch to FiOS Digital Voice or another VoIP phone provider.

Good Luck.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor VII
Justin

earthling110 wrote:

Comcast and Time Warner now offer nomorobo to block robocalls, when will Verizon also offer this free service to your customers>

I have been using NOMOROBO for several months now on FiOS Digital Voice, seems to work very well. It is easy to tell when it intercepts a call, the phone rings once and then peace and quiet returns immediately, and no messages to delete. :smileyvery-happy:

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Copper Contributor
manhattanNYC
0 Kudos

what is NOMOROBO ? please tell me.

Gold Contributor VII
Justin
0 Kudos

manhattanNYC wrote:

what is NOMOROBO ? please tell me.

It is a tool to block robo calls. Just Google it, you will find links to the NOMOROBO site itself and news articles, etc.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Copper Contributor
manhattanNYC
0 Kudos

to Justin, thanks.

Contributor
MrMrK
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's a very easy to use web-based solution; It recently won the FCC award. It does require that your phone service have a simultaneous ring facility (Digital Voice does)! I've used it only for a few days and it seems pretty effective. Users might find that some calls manage to sneak through but the NOMOREROBO website permits users to report those.

Once added to their database I suspect that those new robodialer numbers will also be blocked effectively.  I strongly recommend it if only because Verizon's current call blocker service in very limited (you can only block 10 numbers!) and it is so easily defeated by the more sophisticated technology being employed by these ROBO operations.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools