trouble with incoming calls
mvolive620

I have had this issue for several months. I can make outgoing calls with no issue. However, at times, when the phone rings (incoming call) and I go to answer it, there is no one on the line. At the same time, the caller hears the ring and then receives a message stating "This number is not in service" as I pick up the line. It is extremely frustrating! It does not always happen, so it is relatively manageable but extremely inconvenient to have to call people back when I cannot answer their calls. When this issue first occurred, I called Verizon support and I was on my cell phone with them for several hours (using my daytime minutes). However, since it is an intermittent problem, it was not possible to see if their "resolution" worked. Clearly it did not...HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: trouble with incoming calls
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

mvolive,

I apologize for the issue you've been suffering from.  Intermittent issues are the hardest to resolve.  I've sent you a private message so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
BillCaputo

I have a problem where I will see the caller ID flashed across my TV screen, however, the phone does not ring. I pick it up and there is no one at the other end of the line. I also have the problem where the phone does ring and I pick it up and no one is there. It's driving me crazy! I do get an occassional easy call where the phone rings and I actually pick it up and someone is there! Please advise!

0 Likes
mvolive620

My issue was not resolved until a tech came in to look at the wiring. Apparently when the Fios phone service was installed, they did not disconnect/snip all the other wires. This was the cause of the interference and not receiving calls properly. Hope it helps!

0 Likes