very rude customer service
aosejo

After waiting over 30 min. for someone to answer the phone Selina was very rude.  I was trying to get help in porting my existing # to my new home service and she could not help me.  When I requested to speak with a supervisor she answered me rudely that it will take 30-45 min. for a supervisor to answer my call.  I tried to tell her that I had already been waiting for 30 min. but she placed me on hold without even listening to what I had to say.

0 Likes
Re: very rude customer service
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

porting the number is not easy, The existing phone number is still working, if it is close, forget it.

0 Likes
Re: very rude customer service
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF its allowed,  you do it from the new service company.  You don't stop the phone service in advance.

It is easy, as long as "you remain in the same geographic area."  Unfortunately some companies like to play games with the definition of geographic area, while others seem to accept anything in the US as the same area..  See https://www.fcc.gov/guides/portability-keeping-your-phone-number-when-changing-service-providers

From that FCC guide

"You may request service from a different company at any time. When changing companies:

• Do not terminate your service with your existing company before initiating new service with another company.
  • Contact the new company to start the process of porting your number.
  • Provide the new company with your 10-digit phone number and any additional information required, which may include your customer account number and passcode, along with your five-digit zip code."
0 Likes