1.9 Questions & Answers
nascar
Master - Level 1

Maybe those getting 1.9 have questions.  Those with 1.9 already may have answers.  Maybe a good place to ask and answer 1.9 questions here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1.9 Questions & Answers
Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to the announcement of the new level:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/Bright-Ideas-from-Consumers-Make-FiOS-TV-Even-Better-Ro...

Keller, TX 76248

Justin46
Legend

Here is a link to the original 1.9 Release Notes blog from April 2011 that describes the content of 1.9:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Interactive-Media-Guide-1-9-Release-Notes/ba-p/...

While the original 1.9 level distribution was stopped for a while and eventually replaced with 1.9A, very little if any of the actual new technical content was affected by the suspension and replacement, so the content of this thread is still appropriate.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Does anyone know the difference between "fixed focus" and "flexible focus" in the settings - television - guide highlight?  I don't even know what it means and I've tried switching between the two and can't figure out if anything changed.  Just curious.  This is on a 7xxx series box.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Pull up the "Full Guide".... (There are 4 choices... Full Guide, Half Screen Guide, Mini Guide, and Channel Guide.)

"fixed focus" keeps the program you are on centered as you move around within the guide.

"flexible focus" moves the program you are on up, down, left, and right as you move around within the guide.

Try both and you will notice what I'm saying.

BrianC wrote:
Does anyone know the difference between "fixed focus" and "flexible focus" in the settings - television - guide highlight?  I don't even know what it means and I've tried switching between the two and can't figure out if anything changed.  Just curious.  This is on a 7xxx series box.

BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks nascar.  I see it now with the flex focus left or right, but it stays fixed up or down in the full guide.  Cool.  Couldn't figure it out and I hadn't tried moving left or right when I was playing around with it before you mentioned it.   Does yours flex up and down?  Mine stays fixed with the highlighted channel always being in the center on the full guide view which is fine as I prefer it that way.  Maybe it changes on the channel guide view (which I didn't particularly care to use).

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Same as yours.  Just wanted you to move the program/guide around so you can see the difference.

0 Likes
dtexter

Yeah right. That sounds good on paper and you would expect it to work that way but i tried it on both boxes and it acts like fixed on both boxes. Some geniues probably got a raise and a promotion for totally SCREWING UP a perfectly good menu system. The old menu had pleasing colors and you could see where you were at very easily. Now everything is a black background with lots of nasty red colors instead of a pleasing blue. You can barely see where the heck you are in the menu cause of the POOR color contrast. the only way to see where you are in the stupic little red line at the right of the hilighted location.

BRILLIANT MOVE VERIZON. i AM SURE YOU PAID SOME **bleep** A LOT OF MONEY TO FIC SOMETHING THAT WAS ALMOST PERFECT THE WAY IT WAS. I am not against the added info and features to the menus but the color contrast is horrible and you have too many rows of channels in the full menu. everything is too crammed in and the whole thing SUCKS.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your posting to a thread over three years old  There have been several update to the IMG since then.

0 Likes