IMG 1.9.1 Guide Thumbnail Chaptering Issue
Steve_Antonacci

Hey everyone, recently I have been having this weird problem that developed over the past week on all four of my DVR's.. it has to do with the IMG Guide thumbnail chaptering not working on certain channels meaning that on channel 504 NBC there are no thumbnails for any recorded show all I get is an error saying that there is no thumbnail available were as if I record something on channel 752 Nick I see the thumbnails.. I called up the Fiber Solutions Center and I was on the phone for about an hour and a half with no progress made.. basically they reset the box with a warm reset, cold init, cable card init reset after they did all these resets they informed me that it wasn't there problem and that the thumbnails were provided not from Verizon but from the content provider this I am having a hard time believing since I was under the impression that the box software was indexing the program by itself and was providing the thumbnails. After I got that piece of info I called again an a different representative informed me that there was an outage that could be affecting this feature but he was not shore because the outage listed only VOD... I don't know how to proceed with this as of right now I have turned off chaptering in the IMG and I am going to try leaving it off for a day I don't want to have to keep redoing my settings because tech support keeps reinitializing my boxes.. I am writing this because I wan't to know if anyone else has had this problem develop.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IMG 1.9.1 Guide Thumbnail Chaptering Issue
nascar
Master - Level 1

A problem effecting all of us.

@Steve_Antonacci wrote:

Hey everyone, recently I have been having this weird problem that developed over the past week on all four of my DVR's.. it has to do with the IMG Guide thumbnail chaptering not working on certain channels meaning that on channel 504 NBC there are no thumbnails for any recorded show all I get is an error saying that there is no thumbnail available were as if I record something on channel 752 Nick I see the thumbnails.. I called up the Fiber Solutions Center and I was on the phone for about an hour and a half with no progress made.. basically they reset the box with a warm reset, cold init, cable card init reset after they did all these resets they informed me that it wasn't there problem and that the thumbnails were provided not from Verizon but from the content provider this I am having a hard time believing since I was under the impression that the box software was indexing the program by itself and was providing the thumbnails. After I got that piece of info I called again an a different representative informed me that there was an outage that could be affecting this feature but he was not shore because the outage listed only VOD... I don't know how to proceed with this as of right now I have turned off chaptering in the IMG and I am going to try leaving it off for a day I don't want to have to keep redoing my settings because tech support keeps reinitializing my boxes.. I am writing this because I wan't to know if anyone else has had this problem develop.

0 Likes
Steve_Antonacci

I still don't understand how it was working weeks and then stops working. I also thought that the img guide 1.9.1 was supposed to fix the chaptering issues I guess its not working even after 1.9.1.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Although chaptering is in 1.9 on, it is an addition to the IMG from a different vendor.  It is unclear as to when it will be fully functional.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning!

Please let us know if you are still having trouble with the channels.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes