Re: Introducing the new Verizon FIOS TV Guide, now even worse than before!
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

i'm in florida and have had Verizon Fios for about 6 years now.. the guide is terribly slow and sucks badly...  each press of a key on the remote while using guide navigation requires a wait time of about a second.. think about this.. say i want to see what is on TV tonight at 10 pm, and it's only 8am right now..  how many seconds do i have to wait until the guide catches up to me clicking 18 times?  and holding down the up or down button moves the guide one channel down, freezes it and lets up on some random channel as if i'm playing the lottery..  I WANT TO SEE THE GUIDE CHANNEL BY CHANNEL AND HAVE IT RESPONSIVE TO MY KEY PRESSES!  FOR CRYING OUT LOUD,  we had cable way back in the early 90s with Paragon before it became Brighthouse and the guide was instantaneous in moving with my key presses..  why does this guide not respond to me as I press the keys?  I wanted to update my box from the 2500 but I had a Verizon employee tell me he also has that box and it's not the problem.. well what is the problem!  If I upgrade my boxes to the new HD boxes will I have to pay more money to get your ridiculous service to work properly?  my guide doesn't work to a level i expect in a service.. what do i do about it?  i've already had them send signals to the box and it's done nothing.. i've reset the router and box myself a few times.. the guide is just slow.. all navigation with the remote is slow.. the only thing that isn't slow is when i enter my password.. the onscreen keyboard moves right along with my presses of the keys.. why does the keyboard to set my password work like lightning but I can't change the channel without waiting 1 second between key presses.. why do i want to sit here and watch a guide I have to wait for?

0 Likes
416whitewood

I agree I can't find anything to watch. The guide is utterly useless.

I can't wait for my 2 year contract to be up.

I can't find a single thing to watch - I spend most of my time scrolling around

0 Likes
TeeLee1
I HATE the new guide. 5 channels and verizon ad. This sucks! PLEASE give us more channels in the view!!!
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TeeLee wrote:
I HATE the new guide. 5 channels and verizon ad. This sucks! PLEASE give us more channels in the view!!!

5 channels? I have 7 in the newest level of the IMG, 1.9.5, and the ad at the bottom really doesn't use up any channel spage compared to the past, Verizon just moved the stuff that used to be at the bottom to the side and the top and put the ad in its place.

What STBs are you using, and what kind of TVs (HD or SD)?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

The 5 channel listing is on the SD box (2500 to be specific).  The ad at the bottom doesn't bother me, but I wish they hadn't moved the B to search info to the side bar on the HD display.  So now there are bars on either side of the guide instead of full screen.

0 Likes
Sleddog17

I agree with the comments.  The Guide is no longer a guide but a means to show ads.  This new format gives you virtually no visibility to any channels.  USELESS!!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Justin wrote:

@TeeLee wrote:

5 channels? I have 7 in the newest level of the IMG, 1.9.5, and the ad at the bottom really doesn't use up any channel spage compared to the past, Verizon just moved the stuff that used to be at the bottom to the side and the top and put the ad in its place.

What STBs are you using, and what kind of TVs (HD or SD)?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

And now you can turn off the ad.  Menu/Settings/Notifications/Guide Banner DISABLE .

0 Likes