Media Guide Program Descriptions
coyote31
Enthusiast - Level 1

The first line in any sports program description should be who is playing the game..  I use the media guide to find the game I want.  Time after time I see the title College Football but the program description is something like "Winner of the game will advance to the division playoff." or "Buckeyes lead series 8-2 and have won last four meetings."  Great info but missing the main point of a media guide.  Please tell me who is playing.

Labels (1)
Re: Media Guide Program Descriptions
nascar
Master - Level 1

Completely agree!

It should read like this:

Today, 3:30 PM   /    FCSC 301

"Repeat" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

The Pioneers wrap up their two-game series against conference rivals Nebraska-Omaha; the Mavericks had a 5-1 win over Bemidji State at the Sanford Center, and No. 11 Denver beat Colorado College 5-4 at Magness Arena on Nov. 12.

or

Today, 3:30 PM / FCSC 301

"Live" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

The Pioneers wrap up their two-game series against conference rivals Nebraska-Omaha; the Mavericks had a 5-1 win over Bemidji State at the Sanford Center, and No. 11 Denver beat Colorado College 5-4 at Magness Arena on Nov. 12.

or at the very least...

Today, 3:30 PM / FCSC 301

"New" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

good feedback.

I'll send this to our metadata team.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yes like last night on TruTV is showed LizardLick Towing, and instead it was a one of those other Storage Unit Auction show marathons. I know it seems there are two of that type of show now, and I don't remember the name. It sure was not LizardLick. I liked the Action shows better anyway, but it doesn't do much for scheduling if you like the other show.

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

I like those storage unit auction shows too.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yep I was happy to find the auction shows, and Lizard lick Premier starts next week. But that does point out that many times the guide data is wrong. So for those wanting to record the Season Premier, recorded the storage unit auctions? So I hope they realize it needs to be rescheduled. That is one of the MAJOR issues with the guide data. It throws off the whole season schedule if the date and times are not updated on the DVR recording schedule.

0 Likes