Re: Pixelation/skips in DVR recordings
Soupy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ouch ... guess the grass looks greener applies.  

Well I decided to watch a recording in the 7216 room off of my 7232 dvr.  I have done the opposite before, but this was a first. in this direction.  I had to refresh the dvr list  (which was really quick) to see the recordings.  The response to the remote was oddly slower than usual.  When I finally launched the recording - I honestly can say it was a horrible experience.  From full screen pixelation, stuttering, skipped frames with the accompying audio affected as well.  The show was supernatural and I do believe my system was possessed.

Interesting thing is both dvr's are available onlline to maintain recordings - usually one is not accessible so from that end the system is peachy.

Guess I will go thru my celing and reseat everything and see what results.  Any other thoughts before I do this.  Thank goodness I have my ethernet port provisioned so this doesn't affect my internet which has been flawless since I moved it off the MOCA(?) side.

0 Likes
wjones111
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any solutions to this problem yet?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Soupy wrote:

Same here have both a 7232/p2 and 7216 dvrs - my 7232 pixelates on live and recorded shows, which has me looking to go back to Directv.  My 7216  DVR has the skip ahead freezing feature where you have to restart the show after skipping ahead.  All of this started with the 1.9 downgrade.

I've been told they are working on the skip issue - but to fix pixelation I was told to reseat all connections ...

Essentially short of replacing the boxes. they only thing you can do is eliminate bad wiring as the problem.  The reseat the connections (often the weak point in the wiring) is the first easy thing to do.  The comment you made in one of the messages about trouble watching from one DVR to another points to this perhaps being REALLY a wiring problem in your house.

0 Likes