SPORTS FAN hates guide!!!
chriscollins23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios...PLEASE change the guide!

I hate the fact that I have to go deep into the info on a game to see who is playing. Usually the initial info says something like "the last time these teams played, it was 31-7." This stinks! I want to know WHO is playing. It is a big waste of time. I know it only takes a few more seconds, but when there are 4 ESPN channels with games on you have to go deep into EACH game to see who is playing.

PLEASE FIX/CHANGE!!!

Thanks for considering.

Labels (1)
Re: SPORTS FAN hates guide!!!
nascar
Master - Level 1

Completely agree!

It should read like this:

Today, 3:30 PM / FCSC 301

"Repeat" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

The Pioneers wrap up their two-game series against conference rivals Nebraska-Omaha; the Mavericks had a 5-1 win over Bemidji State at the Sanford Center, and No. 11 Denver beat Colorado College 5-4 at Magness Arena on Nov. 12.

or

"Live" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

The Pioneers wrap up their two-game series against conference rivals Nebraska-Omaha; the Mavericks had a 5-1 win over Bemidji State at the Sanford Center, and No. 11 Denver beat Colorado College 5-4 at Magness Arena on Nov. 12.

or at the very least...

"New" College Hockey - Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks at Denver Pioneers from Magness Arena

Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

you are repeating yourself.

I took this suggestion directly to the metadata team when you posted it in the Idea Exchange

They told me they had already read your comments themselves.

So I can tell you they are aware of the issue and aware of  your proposal for improvement.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
I suppose once we see changes we will stop repeating ourselves. 

Smiley Very Happy

Malcolm_Stanley wrote:

you are repeating yourself.

I took this suggestion directly to the metadata team when you posted it in the Idea Exchange

They told me they had already read your comments themselves.

So I can tell you they are aware of the issue and aware of  your proposal for improvement.

0 Likes
noname01

So, if the staff has already read the suggestions to give correct descriptions of sports programs why hasn't the guide been changed already?  It ain't that hard unless your staff cannot read English. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@noname0 wrote:

So, if the staff has already read the suggestions to give correct descriptions of sports programs why hasn't the guide been changed already?  It ain't that hard unless your staff cannot read English. 

You do understand that this topic is about the contents of the Guide, not the Guide itself, right? The content changes every day, so it is not just some kind of "one time" fix.

The Guide content is provided to Verizon by a company named FYI Television, located in Grand Prairie, TX (unless there has been a very recent change that I am unaware of). Apparently Verizon has a long term contract with FYI, because Guide content accuracy and readability have been ongoing issues for years, and seemingly Verizon and FYI can do little to get it improved. I don't understand why it can't be fixed, seems like it should just be Verizon telling FYI "fix it or we will use somebody else" but apparently not.....

Anyway, it is not the Verizon staff that creates the content, it is FYI, so your arrow is aimed at the wrong target IMO.

Keller, TX 76248
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I think both Verizon and FYI can fix the issue.  If you look at Titan TV you will see the data is the same as FiOS so both are provided by FYI.  There are ways they can use the data to make more sense in layout.  I think they both need to work a tad harder to accomplish a level of consistency found in competitors like Comcast.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@nascar wrote:

I think both Verizon and FYI can fix the issue.  If you look at Titan TV you will see the data is the same as FiOS so both are provided by FYI.  There are ways they can use the data to make more sense in layout.  I think they both need to work a tad harder to accomplish a level of consistency found in competitors like Comcast.

Oh I agree it can be fixed. But will it be fixed? Hasn't been for years.

How do you think they can use the data to make more sense in the layout? If you mean moving some of the data to another part of the info, then I would agree, that is nothing more than the structure and location of the data itself. But if you mean changing the actual layout of the Guide to fix data issues, I don't understand. I feel the layout is just fine the way it is.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

Justin,

If you watch sports, as I am certain you do not, you would see, on occasion, the lack of whom is playing whom.  My thread #2 above clearly shows how the layout should look. 

As far as guide data accuracy... Well it is better but does need to be improved and I have suggested that Tribune Media does a much better job in accuracy but sometimes if not always provide a tad less detail.

@Justin wrote:

@nascar wrote:

Oh I agree it can be fixed. But will it be fixed? Hasn't been for years.

How do you think they can use the data to make more sense in the layout? If you mean moving some of the data to another part of the info, then I would agree, that is nothing more than the structure and location of the data itself. But if you mean changing the actual layout of the Guide to fix data issues, I don't understand. I feel the layout is just fine the way it is.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@nascar wrote:

Justin,

If you watch sports, as I am certain you do not, you would see, on occasion, the lack of whom is playing whom.  My thread #2 above clearly shows how the layout should look. 

As far as guide data accuracy... Well it is better but does need to be improved and I have suggested that Tribune Media does a much better job in accuracy but sometimes if not always provide a tad less detail.

Oh I am very much a sports fan, mainly college and pro football, baseball, and auto racing. And I agree that the "data" that is presented is often what you describe, and absolutely needs to be fixed. It is awful right now, worse than I think it has ever been. But again, that is data, not the actual Guide itself. Data should be easily fixable, but changing the Guide itself would require programming, and testing, and new distribution, etc.

If Verizon would just tell FYI to fix it or else, I bet it would get fixed. I would love to see Verizon try another service, if Tribune is good, I highly recommend they go for it, couldn't be much worse than what we get now.

Very frustrating.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes