Re: Updated Guide Downloaded Last Night
Justin46
Legend

@Xendarq wrote:

Just want to say that, while this "auto import" seems to be working for many, it absolutely is not working for me.  I've performed the steps outlined here and by Verizon - "Export Series Recordings" on the old box, setup the new one, record a series.  Nothing..!!  No pop-up, no request to import.

So if anyone else is reading this and wondering why it's not working for them, rest assured, it doesn't work for others as well.

Why Verizon can't figure out to simply add an "import series" option, I don't know.  Rather than repeat this process over and over, I am simply manually re-entering all of my recordings.

If you would bother to look at the dates for the posts in this thread you would see that it is a very old thread, it does not apply to the new 1.9.4 level of the IMG. The last post before yours was made well before 1.9.4 distribution began.

There is now a Restore option in the Menu:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Restore Settings

A companion option to the Save Settings dialog.

Menu ==> Settings ==> Save Settings

Note that with 1.9.4 more than just series information is saved when you do a Save Settings in 1.9.4:

• DVR series Recordings Settings
  • Parental Controls
  • Favorites
  • Guide Preferences

Note that the save/restore settings dialogs are intended for when you are replacing an STB, but I have saved my settings from my DVR under 1.9.4 and restored them to another STB (non-DVR) successfully.

I have no idea whether the Restore Settings dialog will restore the series schedule from a save done under 1.9.1. I doubt it will work because the Restore Settings dialog looks for named saved files in the cloud for you to pick from, but you can certainly give it a try and see (and if you do, then please report back whether it works or not).

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)