Where can I buy a WD 1TB DVR extender drive from?
ukbritt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried a lot of online places, either they are out of stock and have no idea when they will have more in...I tried a few local computer stores today too..same story

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where can I buy a WD 1TB DVR extender drive from?
prisaz
Legend
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The problem is that the drive manufacturing plants are mostly in Thailand and due to the flooding there is now a world wide hard drive shortage.  Not expected to be back to full capacity until Q2 2012.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

You may find one on the shelf in Wallmart. I noticed they carry them online for ordering and possibly in store. You just have to hope you hit a place that shows in stock. The WDC link I provided had 1TB model out of stock, but the 1TB model supported by FiOS showed in stock. I did not try to order, so if you find one, snatch it up quick.

ukbritt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already tried Walmart,Best Buy,Microcenter and any other plausible outlets...ended up placing an order direct with WD..now lets hope its not back ordered..Smiley Mad

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@ukbritt wrote:

I already tried Walmart,Best Buy,Microcenter and any other plausible outlets...ended up placing an order direct with WD..now lets hope its not back ordered..Smiley Mad

WD did show the one out of stock, but the Verizon supported model I provided the link to did show in stock. Good luck and let us know how it works out. From WD site, and shows in stock.

http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus/en_US/pd/productID.220190900/parid.13092400/catid.1309460...

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I bought this a few month ago.  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687681-REG/Iomega_34527_2TB_Professional_Desktop_External.html

Have no idea how long it will last but so far so good.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nascar wrote:

I bought this a few month ago.  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687681-REG/Iomega_34527_2TB_Professional_Desktop_External.html

Have no idea how long it will last but so far so good.

Cool I don't need an expander. I watch too many of the same types of competing shows. They are all on about the same time. Need more than two tuners to stop conflicts, and once I have seen it, what is the point of keeping it. IMO. Some like to save stuff and watch it later. I don't thing I will pay for stuff from flex view just to store on a box that could crash, and no back up. Though I think Verizon keeps a record like Itunes. Have not looked. Been looking at 2 DVRs if I can get the ones I want.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I have two 7232's and the extra eSATA storage.  The four tuners comes in handy more often than not.  The new TiVo has four tuners.  A lot of upfront cost with TiVo but two of those and eight tuners... Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes