• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
tallerpat
0 Kudos

hunt line question

We have two lines at our small business: our main phone line and a second line which is the line that calls switch to if the first line is busy.  All of our phones are two line phones.

I am trying to find out how I could have an answering machine set up for the second line.  I know what the telephone number is and I already have an answering machine set up for the first line.  I do not want the answering machine for the second line to be the same as the answering machine for the second line.  I know it sounds confusing, but our local Chamber of Commerce is having their phone calls forwarded to my second number so that I can answer them until they hire a new secretary and I am trying to find out if there is a way to put an answering machine on that line.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Silver Contributor I
Lee-Lee
0 Kudos

Re: hunt line question

Would this be for your Residential or Wireless phone?

Alethia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Wireless Employee Emeritus
bosslady85
0 Kudos

Re: hunt line question

You can try dialing the 2nd line 10 digit mobile number from another phone and interrupt the greeting with the # sign.  You will then be given your options.  Listen for the option to record your greeting.

Natavia
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools