Re: 300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
LBell104

I am having a similar issue with the above comments.  I signed up for Verizon Fios in the April/May timeframe with the with the understanding that I would receive a $300 VISA giftcard.  I haven't received any information about the giftcard so I am extremely frustrated, especially since the service that I am receiving has not been better than the service that I was receiving from Comcast.  Can someone please contact me to get the giftcard that I am deserved!!

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LBell104,

You can check the status of your giftcard here:

http://teleproducts.verizon.com/promo/

Or, you may contact a support agent through Contact Us.

0 Likes
LVP2005

I just spent three hours of my evening trying to sort out the same issue.  I signed up under pressure to get the promotion last October before I closed on my house.  We never actually moved in until June and kept delaying the service to keep the promotion.  It was definitely a topic of conversation with Verizon a few times.  I have now had the service for over 90 days and have yet to receive the giftcard.  I called three weeks ago and they said the giftcard was being mailed almost three Thursdays ago.  I know it doesnt take 21 days to mail something.  When I called back this evening, they told me to call a different number.  This number was basically for your giftcard balance.  When I finally got through, the representative had no record of the card and was referring to my verizon wireless account and things from last May.  I called back ago and spoke to another person who said I was given the wrong number and she would transfer me to the right one.  She also said the promotion is not on my account.  I find it interesting that someone told me it was mailed three weeks ago.  When I got transferred, of course that office was closed.  I tried to use the support on here and no one was available to chat.  It concerns me to see that so many people have had the same issue. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello LVP2005

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ltrain19821

I signed up and had my install done on May 31st. I still have not recieved my $300 gift card. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ltrain1982,

You can check your gift card status here:

http://teleproducts.verizon.com/promo/

Or use Contact Us to reach a Verizon customer support agent.

0 Likes
SaraH91213

I too was promised a $300 visa card when I signed up back in September 2013.

I called about a month later to check on the status, and I was told that my card was being processed and that it takes 90 days for me tor receive it.  Well 90 days passed, I called again, this time I was told, that I was never on their list to receive one.   WHAT !??   I felt so deceived !   I then wasted more time making more calls as I felt it was simply wrong!  Very deceptive practice Verizon!   Obviously they do this to lure new business and they count on people who most of the time just get disappointed and give up. Their loss and Verizon's gain.  Just can't imagine this type of deceptive practice is done by a very large well-known company in US.   

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello SaraH91213

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
SaraH91213

Update:   They tracked down my order and called their third-party card issuer, who says will mail it to me.  Apparently their record shows it was sent out on 12/10/14 (about 80 days from sign-up) but I never received it.  

I will update it here if I actually do receive the card.  I'm told it takes up to 15 calendar days.

0 Likes
SaraH91213

thank you

0 Likes