$300 Visa debit card scam
kfoley1

I also seem to be a victim of the $300 Visa gift card scam.  I signed up in July and have been patiently waiting the 90 days to receive my gift card.  After chatting and speaking to reps I was told that I was not entitled to the gift card since I choose a plan with a better discount. When I signed up there was no choice for a better discount, there was only the option of signing a 2 year contract and receiving the $300 gift card.  There was absolutely nowhere on the website that said I was choosing a different plan and not receiving the gift card.  I feel better reading other posts of customers who have had the same exact problem, but I am outraged about the false advertising that Verizon used for this promotion.  At this point I see no other option than to file a complaint with the better business bureau and warn other people not to fall for this scam. 

0 Likes
Re: $300 Visa debit card scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kfoley,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes