• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Gold Contributor VII
Justin

Re: $300 gift card status

drdigital wrote:

I am in the same boat you are in.  I was told to go to www.verizon.com/rewards .  After I was directed to the link they ask you for your username and password.  And of course with Verizon's bizzare thinking you have to enter the code after.  The catch is they never allow you to log in.  They say nothing about which username and password they are asking for. And then to make matters worse they lock you out for 7-10 days and you still don't know if they just gave your royal screwing!  They are masters of illusion! Lots and lots of luck!

Oh come on! Did you even bother to read the posts in this thread before posting? In the second post in this thread I included the text from the email that I received, and it tells you EXACTLY what the login info is. You didn't save the email with that info? I don't know what to tell you, if you don't know how to log in then I guess all you can do is wait. Or maybe you can go to My Verizon to get the required info.

This is NOT Verizon's fault. I got the email, I tracked delivery of the VISA card, I received it, and I have used it once, to pay my FiOS bill.

Keller, TX 76248

Contributor
dfavoredone

I just spent time going back and forth with Frank #32696 of the Rewards Department. He says that because I was "given" my DVR for free for 12 months, I forfeited the rewards card.  I did my install on line and NOWHERE did it say that I must choose BETWEEN the DVR of the visa gift card.  My expectation was the I was receiving this reward as offered when I signed up. I asked for a supervisor and was told that one was not available. I like Verizon but now I am going to leave because of the CUSTOMER SERVICE of lack thereof. They know full well that this situation has been manipulated and misrepresented.  They can conveniently refer back to emails and say "you were never promised the gift card"; however, when I signed up it was under the assumption based on THEIR advertisement.  THIS IS MISREPRESENTATION. I am not staying with a company who misrepresents and then will not allow you to speak to someone of higher authority and lacks DECORUM, Mr.. Frank!

Contributor
Breakaday
0 Kudos

Can you tell me what the status is on my 300 dollar card?
Gold Contributor VII
Justin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Breakaday wrote:
Can you tell me what the status is on my 300 dollar card?

Nope. You can do it yourself, read the posts in this thread.

Keller, TX 76248

Contributor
Ebo728
0 Kudos

I just received a call telling me my User Name is my Master Order Number, I didn't receive an email or postcard. So, I have no idea what my Master Order Number is. :smileysad:

Gold Contributor VII
Justin
0 Kudos

Ebo728 wrote:

I just received a call telling me my User Name is my Master Order Number, I didn't receive an email or postcard. So, I have no idea what my Master Order Number is. :smileysad:

How long ago did you order?

As I said earlier in this thread, I received an email about two months after I ordered the qualifying package, and I received a follow-up phone call. That is how I received the order number, which is used as the login name at the reward site.

If it has been more than two months, my guess would be that the Verizon SPAM detector caught the email. If you have your email SPAM detector to delete all SPAM then it is gone. If you have the detector set to save SPAM in the SPAM folder, have you looked there? I don't know what to say about the phone call, I got one, I have no way of knowing whether they are still doing that.

If it hasn't been two months, I think you need to just wait. As I remember it, the requirement for getting the card was to pay your bill on time for two months after the order, so I think that is why there is a significant delay.

Sorry, but I have no other ideas on this, the program worked perfectly for me, my wife and I had dinner last night once again on the reward card :smileyvery-happy:

Keller, TX 76248

Contributor
johnv
Device: FiOS Internet
Plan: Verizon Freedom Esse
0 Kudos

My Visa reward is for $250.  I was trying to follow  up on the reward site using the info provided by the post card from Verizon.

I double and tripled checked the entries and still got locked out.   The 3rd lineof  required info, the funky code, appears to be some kind of subterfuge to delay payment or frustrate customers.   I know I keyed in the right characters.  Something is just fishy about this whole process.

Bronze Contributor II
questioning

Maybe you typed in the funky code wrong?  That's just there as an extra security measure.  I doubt it's anything sinister.  Did you have your caps lock on?  Some of the letters required might be lowercase.  If it still doesn't work after a few tries, it could be a problem with the server or with your browser.  Why not call 1-800-VERIZON or do an on line chat to straighten out the log in problem if all else fails? 

I was surprised to find an entire thread just on this.  I received the Verizion Rewards Card after renewing my contract and to me, that was the better choice as opposed to getting HBO or Cinemax free for 6 months.  I held onto all the paperwork for my new order and I received both an email and a postcard in the mail telling me my username which was my order number and my password and checking the status wasn't a big deal.  I received the card via UPS exactly 90 days later as promised.  The only minor glitch was that UPS didn't have my apartment number but I phoned UPS to correct my address and I received my card the very next evening after that first attempt.

And my only other response is this:  Using UPS instead of the postal service for this doesn't really make sense, nor do I understand why the original amount of money on the card is actually printed on the card.  But if you look at the forest instead of the trees, think of that generous amount of money you will be receiving on that card!  You can't possibly go wrong with that.  Do you know of another vendor which rewards its customers in that manner?  There are things that Verizon has communicated poorly.  You will have no argument from me there but once I got that card, I used the money on the card primarily for food shopping and dinners at my local diners.  Then when the remaining balance got down to 4 dollars, I used that amount toward my next Verizon bill.  I made a point of using up every penny that Verizon gave me.  To be able to offset your own personal expenses like that and to have extra cash handy is definitely rewarding, even if it doesn't last very long.

So even if you can't check on the status so fast, think of the nice reward you will have in the end for your loyalty!

Contributor
mac13x
0 Kudos

Re: $500 gift card status

Although I waited roughly 2 months to get the card, I felt as if the $500 reward was worth it. I was approached in a wireless store about getting FIOS and I told them that I had previously had a bad experience. Instead of being muffed by this, they said their customer service improved and to give us another shot, because it was worth 500 to me for a 2 year contract. Seeing as I was already paying 150 with another company for wireless and tv I accepted the switch for approximately 154.48 a month. For me it was all about the dollars and cents. I stayed on top of the department to make sure they had received my payments on time (one of the conditions is to be current on your bill) and they even told me when it would be shipped out. I used part of the 500 for a month of my FIOS, part of it for a month of Wireless and the rest on food and diapers for my new born. All in all its a good deal. Cant tell you what 500 saved in a month does for anyone, but all I know is its worth the wait. Just dont be ignorant about the special deals. Ask questions. I spoke with the FIOS guy 3 days in a row over the phone concreting DVR rates, exactly what channels I would be getting, and the EXACT monthly rate. Its like everything in life, to gain anything you have to be willing to risk losing it. I walked from the table twice and he came back with a better offer. To all those who are thinking about it Good Luck and think everything through.

Contributor
Jerell
0 Kudos

I have had this service since December 2012 & I have not received my $300 yet, I have logged on to Verizon rewards and its been telling me the same thing since the ending of January. Can someone please tell me if they have gotten thier rebate? I spoke to one of the company's rep that is handling this process for Verizon and they are so rude that I almost losted my religion with them

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools